John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just took delivery on our new 835R. Ordered it with the Jensen radio and it came with the speakers mounted in the lower part of the dash. It has knock outs up in the back corners for speakers, does anyone know if they are pre-wired ? A lot of things are on this unit. I am definitely considering adding a pair.

Thanks,
davidm

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the Full Monty with rear speakers and powered subwoofer. Looking at the base radio kit you have, the only harness is for your front speakers. The premium speaker kit has the harnesses for the rear speakers, subwoofer, bluetooth mic, and SiriusXM antenna. Anything that's an "Accessory" on the JD Build Your Own is something that shows up in a box and gets installed by the local dealer. They tend to eat the cost on new Gators. I did stop by while my Gator was stripped apart so they could run everything. I find the subwoofer easily overcomes any cab noise. The SiriusXm antenna you see in the JD picture isn't mounted on the dash (ugly). On mine, it's mounted atop the right rear speaker bracket (magnetic mount). Since the roof is plastic, no problem. If you are thinking of running just rear speakers, then you can use whatever the right size with a suitable cover. However, you will need to fabricate mounting brackets as the headliner is too flimsy. Also make sure your radio has the outputs for a set of rear speakers. Easiest is to check if the audio menu has front/rear balance choices. If you solve the mounting problem, you then need to have JD look up the harness that you need or fabricate your own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply CaptSeaBee,

I had reached my hand in there to find a harness but obviously didn't find one. I got the JD Jensen radio w/ Bluetooth and CD, so it has rear speaker outputs. I think i can run some wires and come up with a bracket to help secure the speakers. The dealer had installed the radio and speakers and it also came with the mic clipped on the sun visor. Can't get the mic to work when I blue tooth my phone and answer a call, so I'll get into that this weekend. Thanks again for the valuable info,

davidm

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll take a look for the rear speaker installation manual. Found the front and subwoofer so far. If I have it, I'll pdf it and PM you. The pictures should show the bracket which would be a no brainer to bend.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The JD Jensen radio bluetooth menu is only fully expanded when you are in BT mode. The mic should work. You have the high end radio unit as mine is the mid as I didn't want the CD. My mic occupies a switch slot on the driver's side of the dash.

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
Found the install manual for the rear area. PM me with an email address if you want a pdf. About 9 pages worth with lots of pictures.
Capt you’re AWESOME!(y):cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts