John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've "played around" in the dash before, not fun. This kit (BUC10608) is what I installed just now. It gives me turn signals and 4 way flashers. The kit includes the 2 front lights and 2 switches for the dashboard. I've had it sitting around since April, dreading the behind the dashboard gymnastics, well it was really simple. My speakers are low in the dash, I'm not sure if this is a factory location as the cutout in the plastic is clearly not a "knockout" and heard of speakers high in the cab behind your head. Perhaps it's always a dealer added option, anyway for the turn signal switch that mounts in the blanked out horizontal location by the headlight switch, my best guess was to remove the speaker and hopefully have access to search for the factory installed plug. I found one with a headlight symbol and fished it out and stuck it in the switch, didn't work so I guessed that it may work in conjunction with the flasher switch. That involves removing the center panel around the radio-shifter and hvac ducts. I found another empty plug with the same emblem, yea! It didn't make things work.
So I fish and look around through the tiny slits and hole for other plugs. There IS a plug in each location, the turn signal plug has opposing arrows and the flasher has another symbol that made sense to me. God forbid they used friggin letters!
It really wasn't too hateful of a job for being in the dashboard, and if the instructions included what I have done here with the appropriate wire ID it would have been an hour job. Pretty nice OEM kit for $85.60.
I'm hoping that now I can get street legal here for something the state calls a low speed vehicle.
20210704_161316.jpg

Hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up; I guess that I found the plug(s) for the rear cab work lights and the brush guard lights unless there's more than that available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts