John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to complain again, I have noticed the brakes did not seem as good as they should be, I pulled the wheels off to clean the sand out from around the calipers where my son got the gator stuck. The left rear caliper which should float side to side was bent apparently at the factory in such away that you see on the disk only 25% of the pads would contact the disk. Caliper is inside wheel enough that it had to be bent before wheels were put on. This is in addition to engine being over filled with oil, radiator being under filled, and gas cap leaking like a sieve. I am happy with the machine, but for the $ this should not happen. We own several pieces of late model JD farm equipment and this is not the norm, My Dealer says QC at the plant where 850I is assembled has been a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quality control might not have found these problems at the factory, but the gator should have been checked over before it was delivered to you. Your dealer should have checked the brake operation and fluid levels.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agreed dealer should have found this before you did... they have techs that are suppose to check these when they take delivery of them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Agreed on the dealer check. No problems here. The only complaint I might have is the parking brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts