John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every 1... i just bought a 2010 850d with full cab and doors fitted. the noise inside in the cab is unbelieveibly loud. i even moved the air breather form under the passenger seat and mounted it on top of the cab outside which made a small differance. does any1 else find them noisey or is it just me? or is there anything else i can do to deaden the sound.. there seems to be a loud deep noise commin from the drive belt when the gator is reved up and the pulleys are expanded

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello,

I have 855d with deluxe cab and doors.

I bought 4 square meters STP silver noise killer mat. So far i have used about half of it but still it is too loud. Then there is a some kind of vibration noise, like two metal plate vibrating each other.

I think that something has to be done....

I have also quiet cab kit installed

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 855d

With poly roof and windshield. Biggest complaint is the noise. Either i've gotten used to it or it's slighly better after 50 hrs on the meter, but it was giving me a headache when i first got it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
woah!!! I agree turbokid , even tho this thing met and exceeded my expectations I would of waited till they fixed the noise problem (im cabbed also) im thinking of running noise mat all the way across under the seat and up the back , carpeting my doors and roof, and soon as there is a silencer im in (unless it robs performance , then im living with it).....:) any other suggestions???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you think it could be the nature of the beast by owning a diesel sxs? The ranch my sister works on has a Kubota utv that's diesel, it also has a full cab on it, and you can't really hold a conversation in it from idle to about 2k rpms. Once it's up to speed, which isn't very fast, it's quiet enough to talk in. FWIW, our neighbor has a 850d on his farm, no cab or windshield, just a roof, and it's not that bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello Again,

It seems that now my gator is not so loud anymore. I noticed that STP silver noise killer is very good stuff. I have added that to all possible places and all vibration noises are gone. But i am still going to continue to get it more silent...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Since you mentioned the belt system noise, it would be good if you could find a different clutch to bolt on and give a quick try. Even if it were one for a gas engine and didn't perform correctly, you could tell if your clutch is noisy or not.

The reason I think of this is that I just got through trying diesel weights and spring in my gas model to see if the gearing characteristics would change. In the course of that experiment, the clutch was really noisy.

Hope this helps in some way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts