John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I ordered the JD deluxe signal kit this week and got it all installed. I have a couple of issues.

1.) When I turn on the hazard lights, only the left turn signals blink, not the right.
2.) The final step in the installation manual for some models is to install the “Jumper Harness”. It is a brown plug with three prongs that creates a loop back of some sort. I cannot find a location to install this. (See picture for the loop back jumper)

***Take note, the vehicle has non-factory power steering pre-installed and a mile marker winch pre-installed. Not sure if this makes a difference, but it may mean that certain wires have been spliced into the harness for that installation which predates my purchase of the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

Eyelash Font Cable Gadget Electrical wiring
Eyelash Font Cable Gadget Electrical wiring

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on all of the above, can anyone figure out what’s the issue? I can’t understand why turn signals left and right work perfect, front and back, but hazard switch is only producing flashing on left (driver) side of vehicle and not the right?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe the connection at hazard switch pin 4 850B Green, corresponding Green wire or bad hazard switch.

Verify power at pin 4 when hazard switch engaged/on. Assuming it is right side that isn’t working. If switch has power at pin 4, follow the 850B wire to next connector and verify power.

Maybe post the other portion of wiring diagram.
So I tried to use a voltmeter to figure out what was going on with the hazard switch. I was too ignorant to figure out what is wrong. But it’s either the hazard switch or its the wire (as you said, green wire). OR, it’s something to do with the fact that I haven’t installed the loopback relay photographed in the plastic bag above. There is no connector in the wire harness to mate up to that. Perhaps it was cut apart to provide the electrical for the power steering unit? I do not know what wires were supposed to be in a three way plug that would connect to that loop back?

Stumped.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Okay, I’m just stumped on this. I hope someone can shed light on my issue.

I did a continuity test on the hazard switch and the top posts appear to do absolutely nothing as far as I can tell. The two yellow wires (top right) connect to nothing inside the switch. The MIDDLE white wire is jumpered to make both middle posts live. When the switch is activated, it will make a circuit between middle white left and bottom green, middle white right and bottom blue.

That sounds wrong? But that’s what the switch continuity indicates. Since both left and right lights aren’t working, that is extra weird because the single white wire hot is wire spanned to both sides.

pics if this makes any sense to you?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The drawings in the tech manual are not accurate!

They call the wire that goes to the turn signal “yellow” but it isn’t the yellow wire! It’s the white wire. What the heck is going on around here?

You would think that even if it was the white wire, it clearly is making the circuit to get the left blinkers to flash, but not the right? I continue to putter around trying to figure this all out.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your reference to top bottom or whatever is not helpful as nobody can see what you are seeing.
It might help if you markup what you have on the wiring diagram.

FYI Typically yellow wires under dash are power with key on or at least that’s how they use to be. Red is power always
Photos were still uploading as you replied.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The switch numbering is blurry and hard to read the PIN numbers.
The blurry numbers on the switch are jibberish that map to no known translation in the instruction or service manual.

Logic would suggest they should be labeled 1-6. Not the case.

The numbers that I think are meaningless read 7-12-4 15-5-6 17-6-8-9

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Solution solved. Trace all cables, disregard coloring, theory of operation, and switch diagrams shown in the tech manual and instructions. Disregard the loopback connector that didn't have a fitment location on my vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts