John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my gator in October I bought one with a cab that was very poorly installed gaps everehere. And every 100 hours shreads a belt! I have been thur 4 belts..... I am getting very upset because a $20, 000 dollar machine I shouldnt have these problems! Anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
709 Posts
What are you doing when these belts shred? What type of things do you do with your machine?

Did you buy this machine new? Did you speak to your dealer about these issues? If you bought it in October, you should have a 2 year warranty on the RSX. Take it to your dealer and have them take a look at it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The cab takes a lot of modifying to get it to seal up. But if you wanted a cab that sealed from the factory your dealer should of sold you a 825i with a glass cab. The rsx is too sport for Deere to have designed it to have a cab put on it. Just look at the rops difference between the 2.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you breaking the belt in as per the recommendations from Deere, if they aren't broken in correctly doesn't take much to tear them up. There was another thread from a guy who chewed his up within a few hours I think, also what are you using for a replacement belt, maybe Deere ended up with a bad batch.

·
Registered
904 Posts
All CVT machines, it is key to break in your belt. Did you get water in the belt case? Have you smoked the belt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not breaking them in they are shredding to pieaces going down the Road. What sold us on this machine is that the dealer said it was made for terrian... As time has went on the machine is getting worse... It was never surmerged in water or lakes or ponds. Just normal roads with gravel access.... The gator is so loud it sounds like the transmission is coming thur my seats, its so loud I have to wear ear muffs like you would at a shooting range....

·
Registered
140 Posts
The cab echo's the noise because everything is under you seat. Get some foam and put under seats and on back wall will help a lot. The belts need to be broke in at speeds zero to 40 and vary the speed don't hold one speed. It is really important on a CVT to do this then after a couple hours drive how ever you wish.

·
Registered
904 Posts
bfinney, did you do a break in on the belt before it started shredding?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts