John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been shopping for a UTV for the farm and drove the 2013 XVU 825i model. I was impressed with the heavy steel construction vs other brands I have drove. The 825i also runs very smooth, the exhaust/engine noise was below average of the UTV's I've drove and the 825i has plenty of power for my use. Really overall I feel it was one of the best UTV's I drove the last couple weeks.That said every UTV I've look at Polaris Rangers, John Deere XVU's,
Yamaha Rhinos I get on the internet to do some research and all I can find is BAD news? Overheating,breaking parts, this that and more on all models? I want a UTV for light farm use and some trail riding that will no fall part or have tons of problems. No river swimming/ no ramping/ just normal day to day life on a farm Is the 825i worth buying or should I just move down the road to another model?

·
Registered
242 Posts
825i has proven its self over time...my father has one just for that use... has close to 800 hours on it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!!!

Are you asking about the 825i or the 850i????

They are both great machines. I don't see this machine giving you any problems. Some have bugs and some are worked out. For some reason, that is all you can find on the net now-a-days is the bad stuff!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
825i

I have been looking at the 825i gas model no PS. I have drove several models I also like the Polaris XP 900 it seems like a great machine also rear mounted engine runs smooth and quiet like the 825i. I still think the 825i just looks heavier built for work more steel and heavier weight throughout. I hope to buy something next week or so just trying to figure out the best way to go and if Polaris or John Deere would offer the best warranty service after the sale as I am doing the 3 year extend on the buy its around $300-$400 both models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For general use the 825i is great. After owning a 2012 and now the 2013 with power steering I would never go back... If you can afford the option go for it.
The only issue I have is the down hill engine brake performance, which will not impact you. The plastic windshield that opens on the bottom is nice, I have the front luggage rack on ours which I carry the chain saw when the back is full.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The 825i is a great machine. I agree, get the PS on the front end and don't look back. Are you talking about the Ranger or RZR XP 900???? Get extended warranty and from my experience, Deere is way better in the warranty department.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the 850i came with Power Steering I would have it, if it's available to you get you'll appreciate later on.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Steering is not bad on the 850I but would like to have PS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts