John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 855D S4 that on the surface looks like it is in great shape! Unfortunately gators dont swim that well and we tried to cross a creek, I did not realize that it had come up a few feet in about 30 minutes.

My fault.

So the gator was stuck in the creek that continued to rise for the next few hours, and once the rain stopped and things receded was pulled out.

This was at a property a few states from where I live and I thought the hired man was taking it in to get looked at, but when I came back about a month later it was still sitting by the barns. At this point the engine is siezed and starting to rust.

I am considering just replacing the engine completely. To get a new engine from a dealer I am looking at about 5700, after I give my core. Wondering if anyone has and ideas on where I could find a used engine, or even a different engine that would fit. Any help and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,028 Posts
Without a ton of modifications, I’m fairly certain you will need to replace the motor will the same type, check for pricing online at Green Farm Parts or Green Part Store.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Firstly you shoulve atleast drained,dried and lubed it.
That being said i would atleast open it up and see if it can be salvaged.

These engines are incredibly simple to work on and ive been there before a couple of times.
If you need to take it out anyway theres no harm done.

Again thats just ifs and buts right now but theres also the problem of water in other places and corrosion

Edit: ive put a hpx engine in a jd lawnmower once and most engines are the same but it took some fab work.
I would not suggest doing such a thing if you have little or no experience on yanmar engines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts