John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 855D gator I bought new it has 780hrs on it, so today I replaced the battery on it because it was time to service it before winter and after I replaced it all the engine will do it turn over the motor will not even try to start. So I took the filter out and tried a small shot of starting fluid which I hate to use but it made it actually try and start but wouldn’t start completely. This was running just like a new one before I changed out the battery. Any ideas other than spend $110 hr for labor at the dealership. All that I know to try is bleed the lines but I don’t know why there would be any air in anything it’s been 26 hrs since last filters were changed

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Using starting fluids is one of the worse things you can do one these small diesel engines. Many bad things are possible with its use and hopefully your engine has escaped injury. It's very easy for the rods to bend, cracked piston or compressed ring grooves. If you suspect any damage, suggest a compression test and/or a leak-down test.

Fuel transfer pump and and fuel shutoff solenoid or its supply voltage are some items to check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts