John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is any problems fitting 28 x 11 x 14 and 28 x 9 x 14 tires to standard rims. Want to change from 27 inch to 28 inch.
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is any problems fitting 28 x 11 x 14 and 28 x 9 x 14 tires to standard rims. Want to change from 27 inch to 28 inch.
Many thanks
If you have 14 inch wheels there should not be any issue, you may need to adjust the preload on the shocks if there is a clearance issue with the 28 inch tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was also thinking of going a size wider 28x10 & 28x12do you think that would be ok.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Won't comment on if it will work or not, but strongly suggest you compare the section width of your current tires and what you're looking to purchase. Some tire buldge out more than others. This information can typically be found in the tire specifications. Plus you'll be able to verify if your current rim width falls within the recommended widths for the specific tires.

Since I'm guessing the taller tires are being added to increase ground clearance, also compare the "static loaded radius". This will give a good indication of how much height will be gained or the impact to overall gear ratio.

Post back what you end up purchasing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have 28 swamp witch in my gator. Front is 10” and rear 12”. I use original iron 12” rims. They will fit ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for letting me know. Mine is on 14 inch rims. So I have ordered 28x9x14 & 28x11x14 Kenda k587 bareclaw htr. I’ll let you know what they are like when they arrive..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts