John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Deere has a winch in their catalog for the Gator but I am curious if anyone can help me identify which Warn Extreme winch fits in this model Gator (855D). Appreciate it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but I would thing any 3500lb winch or below would fit as long as it has the winch mounting plate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
855d winch

I just started an install of a 4500 warn on my 855d today. It looks like it will fit fine .The mounting plate is my problem .i'll have to make one or bolt it direct.
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know KFI has a winch plate for the 855D. I just received one for the 550 and it looks to be pretty solid. Last time I checked the 855 mount was like $60 so if you've got the ability to fab something for less, and trust your work to hold when you need it, then let us all know how it works out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll post my install.I haven't done my connection part yet. everthing is fitting fine..i put a protective cover over cables but I'm sure it isn't needed.
jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
I chose to put the warn rocker switch on the side.You can see after removing the dummie cover it snapped right in.

I then put the hand controller plug in the center. lots of people put it on the side but that could be a bad place if you were in a ditch laying on that side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts