John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck with finding after market brake pads. 2016 RSX 860l. I see someone posted they had found some for a 2013 model ,they don’t look to be the same as 2016 year model. Any help JD wants $117 a wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Have you looked online at Green Farm Parts use code GTT or Green Parts Store?

·
Registered
858 Posts
What's wrong with $117 per wheel when you know it is JD quality? It's crazy how bad they want to squeeze the customer.

It might help if you post the PN you need and perhaps a picture, especially since you said they look different than what others have found. Many time parts are referenced by their SN break and not manufacture date.

I found the following that I think are still pricey, but better than what you've found (if they work).
Front BRAKE PADS

Sometimes searching on other models that are known to be similar helps uncover more choices. IE: the ones linked above also fit a 550 or 560.

There are also times when a commodity item like brakes is the same as other brands. If so you'll have better luck in the aftermarket. Example: Brembo Can-am

EBC brakes might make replacements as they make for other UTV. You'll have to investigate on your own though.

When you find replacements please post the JD stock number and the replacement manufacture and p/n. It will help others as these machines begin to age.

Good luck!!!

Out of curiosity, how many miles/hours are on the machine if it needs brakes already.

Added in Edit:
Part Number AM147009 Serial No. __-020000
Part Number AM148144 Serial No. 020001-__
(Notice the PN is based on serial number and not model year)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found brake pads for mine by finding the part number on a JD website, then plugging the part number into my favorite search engine. IMO the JD price is grossly inflated.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks Pbowen for listing the hours and miles.

Do you think there is a caliper issue or brake biasing issue on the rear if the fronts are still good? Just asking as it is typical for front brakes to wear out much quicker than rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found brake pads for mine by finding the part number on a JD website, then plugging the part number into my favorite search engine. IMO the JD price is grossly inflated.
So what brand pads you buy and what the part number?

·
Registered
39 Posts
See:

That was for a 620i. The part # I used is in that thread. Probably not the same as yours, tho. I was just suggesting that you could find your part number on a JD parts site and search using that number. The ones I got were from Amazon, some off brand, at a lot less than JD prices. There were several options on EBay, too. It helps to know which other models use the same pads. Apparently all years of my model use the same pads, but most of the ones I saw there had an application chart that erroneously said their's would not fit mine, but would fit for other years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't figured out how to edit posts here. I included a link to the thread, but what shows is the first message in the thread. The thread is a few threads down the page, if you want to read it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts