John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used a radiator coolant vacuum refill kit to add coolant after draining it? If so, did it work ok? I'm trying to avoid facing overheating issues afterwards due to air in the coolant system like I did with my Ranger. These were never resolved. The various kits have pretty good reviews, filling sounds easy, and supposedly all or most air is removed. Otherwise, I'll be raising the front end and using the bleed screw (if it exists) and the engine block drain screw discussed in the manual (if I can find them).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I operate a 2014 model 625 Gator and was bedeviled by sporatic overheating/stall events. Eventually solved by jacking the front end and using the bleed screw but it took 2-3 repeated efforts to finally clear the system. Sorry...no personal experience with vacuum pumps...good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I operate a 2014 model 625 Gator and was bedeviled by sporatic overheating/stall events. Eventually solved by jacking the front end and using the bleed screw but it took 2-3 repeated efforts to finally clear the system. Sorry...no personal experience with vacuum pumps...good luck.
Thanks very much, Shrink4, for the info. It all helps a bunch at my stage. Do you remember where the bleed screw is? I can't find it on my 865 but a Deere tech told me today it was near the thermostat and was a brass bolt. I know the 865 may be different than your 625 but the engine layout looks similar. Thanks again for your post.

·
Registered
184 Posts
SierraGuy...my machine (and its owners manual) are 175 miles from my home so I can not readily walk you through the location of the bleed nut. Have you tried the corporate Deere web site to see if you can call up an exploded view of your machine's engine/coolant system ...it might get you in the right neighborhood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please don't go to any trouble for this. I have looked at some Deere schematics and they help although none I have found say a screw or bolt is specifically the bleed screw. However, the tech I contacted said it is near the thermostat and upper radiator hose and I think I may have found it. Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
2021 XUV835R
23 Posts
the manual that come with the machine tells you exactly how to and where the bleeder valve is. My 2021 835r come with manual that tells you how to do all the service I would check there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the manual that come with the machine tells you exactly how to and where the bleeder valve is. My 2021 835r come with manual that tells you how to do all the service I would check there.
Thanks, Dave. I've looked in the 865 manual and Deere schematics but haven't been successful in finding a bleeder screw or have it discussed anywhere other than to use it. As you mention, the manual does clearly tell you how to do the service. Anyway, there is an "engine coolant switch" on the manifold bleed port but not sure if this is also the bleed screw. This term and "bleed screw" are individually used in the fill procedure. There is also a bolt next to the engine coolant switch that could be what I'm looking for.. Since they are both located on the mainfold bleed port, I assume either one would bleed. That's what I'm going with now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts