John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blown the fuse on my accessory plug that is in my console in between my seats. I cannot find the fuse and my dealer can't even tell me where it is. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the panel under the dash in front of your left knee as your sitting in the driver's seat. There should be a panel of 4 fuses....left to right the 12V DC Accesory Outlet fuse should be hole #1.

10 amp blade style fuse.

Have not tested mine .... just referring to my Operator's Manual.

There's also a panel of fuses on the computer board underneath the front hood. You should be able to see them after removing the storage tray... might as well check them all! :D

I'm curious ... what did you have plugged into your outlet that popped the fuse?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 10A fuse under the dash is for the outlet on the dash. There is a second outlet in the console if you have the bucket seats. It is a yellow wire marked 427. It does not go in the wiring harness that goes to the front of the machine. My dealer can't even tell me where it is. I have a stereo speaker system plugged into it. My kids were playing around with the plug and it fell apart and the pieces fell into the outlet, blowing the fuse.:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Found it!

In the battery box area under the main wiring harness where it passes through the hole in the metal reinforcement. Fuse is in a holder that hangs off that same hole on the battery side .... Check out the pic.

10A blade fuse....

FYI to everyone - this accessory plug is only on with the in the key on/run postion...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Job Darth!

New to the Forum. My 825i (w/ boss V-plow) will be delivered this Tuesday. I'm glad to see this site working like it should. Looks like this will be my "go-to" location for Q&A... Tony.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Tony

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the gator! Post some pic of your new machine when you get a chance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Comments

Hi arevetti, I'm looking at the boss v-plow for my newly purchased 825i. Sounds like you have had yours for a couple of winters now. Any comment on whether you like it or not, issues, etc.

Thx,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gator with Pro-V plow.

Hi arevetti, I'm looking at the boss v-plow for my newly purchased 825i. Sounds like you have had yours for a couple of winters now. Any comment on whether you like it or not, issues, etc.

Thx,
Really like the set-up. I have a 700' limestone driveway (mild grade and fairly straight). I have not had one problem with this setup over the past two years. I live 50 miles south of Buffalo, NY right in the middle of "ski- country", so I have been able to test it out a few times to say the least. I'll give it a quick try to add a pic or two with this post. PS: the ranger and glacier plow were not even close to this setup (then again, neither was the $$$.) I had called Boss to verify that the gator could handle this setup and they assured me it could with no additional ballast at all. Hope this helps, Tony.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thx Tony

Thx for the response Tony. I sure like hearing directly from a user as opposed to a salesman ;-)

I've never been so hesitant about purchasing what I believe to be a good piece of equipment. The weight of the plow is what has me concerned most. However, if I look at plows like PowerTach, which looks fairly well built, it is 300# which is not light either.

I currently have a Moose County plow on a Honda ATV - had it for 15 years. It has treated me well and is still in very good shape. I live on a hobby farm that has a bit of open yard and 1200'+ long driveway so need something a little beefier. Once it gets piled up I have a tractor and blower to peel it back so that is not a problem.

I think I will go ahead and purchase one. Let me know if you have any more comments on your experiences. One of my concerns, given the weight, is whether it will dig into the ground or not. I don't have tar, concrete, etc. which is what is shown in all the online videos. You said you have limestone. Do you have any problems with the plow shoes digging in? I'm guessing probably not given the compactness of limestone. We use Class V gravel here.

Thx again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bell

Tony,

I just noticed. Very cool bell in the background! We have the exact same bell and I plan on mounting it just like you did. That's pretty funny. Based on what I see in your picture I'm guessing we have a few things in common :)

If you are ever in MN look me up (Detroit Lakes). Beer is always cold. We were raised and are from MN, but had lived in Ithaca for three years in the late 80's. Upstate is beautiful.

-Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts