John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody! Thought I’d share some pics. I currently have my 2016 XUV 550 torn apart while the clutch is enroute to the Clutch Doctor for some needed tuning.

While it’s disabled, I thought I would add a set of 4.5” round LED lights to the brush guard. I’m really tickled with their quality and how they look on my machine. I’ll update this post once I have them wired up and lighting up the night. Next project after the lights is a winch.

Do any of you have any advice or links to cool looking rocker switches that will fit the factory cut-outs on the dash???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
WOW, those lights really look nice !!

Check out SuperATV or Side by Side Stuff online for rocker switches, also Amazon has numerous vendor links for switches.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Check out SuperATV or Side by Side Stuff online for rocker switches, also Amazon has numerous vendor links for switches.
Thanks, Brad! Are rocker switches pretty standard in size? In other words, will basically any switch fit the JD factory cut-out on the dash? Or am I limited to a certain size/style?

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts

Thanks, Brad! Are rocker switches pretty standard in size? In other words, will basically any switch fit the JD factory cut-out on the dash? Or am I limited to a certain size/style?

I believe the newer switches are referred to as “euro style” most cutouts in late model units should accept this type of switch.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Switches: A good source of rocker switches that fit the rectangular cutouts on my Gator (855D). They have many many options to customize as you wish.

https://www.otrattw.net/

Who repairs clutches? - Send Bradhill a private message

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am thinking of installing the same type of lights on my 825i. How did you wire them? Does anyone know where I can purchase the light kit to install where the two round cutouts are are the bottom of the grill?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking of installing the same type of lights on my 825i. How did you wire them? Does anyone know where I can purchase the light kit to install where the two round cutouts are are the bottom of the grill?
I ordered a $17 harness with rocker switch off of eBay for the lights. However, I haven’t wired it up yet. Hoping to get that done this week. I’ll update this thread when it’s finished.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
For what it is worth, I went a different route on wiring the rack mounted lights than the OP. Since the stock headlight are so anemic, I elected to bypass them and use the stock switch and wiring.

This was accomplished by purchasing an electrical connector that mimicked the stock light connection and making up a small wiring harness to the new LED lights. This way if the LED lights failed the stock headlights could be plugged back in and work.

Part of this was motivated by running out of open switch blank in the stock panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts