John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a used Gator 6x4 and my wife is having difficulties driving it as her legs are too short to adequately reach the throttle pedal. I could put blocks on the pedals, but then I'd have difficulty driving it. Is there a retro-fit kit to change the driver's seat so it has fore and aft adjustability?

·
Registered
715 Posts
There are no "factory" options I know of to replace the seat but there are many aftermarket seats. If you are handy you have many options available. Sites like Northern Tool have seats from many manufacturers listed. You'll have to do some minor work to mount them but at least you don't have to fabricate and upholster the seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Flip your drivers seat up and look at the mounting bracket it’s attached to. Some have 4 holes you bolt the seat with and some also have slots a row over you can use as well so you can loosen the seat and slide it back and forth. There’s not but about an inch maybe an inch and a quarter of adjustment but it should translate into enough to get her closer to the pedals.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Older 6x4 should have slots not holes.
You could also dril your own holes or extend the slots

Changing the pedals would be too much work in my opinion.
If you redrill the mounting plate it could be that the steering wheel might be a bit awkward but you might be able to get a different steering wheel easier than it is to find something for the pedals.

Adding sliders just means youll have the seat an inch higher and actually increases the problem.
Best sloution is to find a middle ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts