John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 825 I. I would like to buy a windshield keep the rain and occasional snow off of our face many options are available. Does anyone have any recommendations? We do plow approximately 1 mile with our boss V plow So I don’t know if I might also consider the wipers or not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The one I bought used already had a plastic windshield. I am too cheap to replace it, but I wish it had had a glass one instead. A windshield wiper would not be a good idea with a plastic windshield.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put a poly-plastic windshield on a 625i that spends its life on woods roads with overhanging branches, etc. I have not experienced any significant scratches or related damages. I do not have wipers so can not offer any opinion on their value; simply not needed for my applications. but poly windshield works well

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Is the flip windshield on for wiper use. IE: would you warranty if it became scratched up from WW use?

·
Official Site Vendor
130 Posts
Is the flip windshield on for wiper use. IE: would you warranty if it became scratched up from WW use?
Nope, unfortunately we don't really recommend a wiper on the hard coated poly. Just too many variables for damage. Mud with rocks and grit....and drag it across with the wiper...just not a good idea. BUT.........I do know plenty of guys that do it anyway for the convenience.

I like to spray mine down with a few coats of Pledge furniture spray...wipe clean with a good microfiber towel between coats, and maybe do this 2 or 3 times a year if needed. Water beads up and rolls off, mud just slides off when sprayed. Works great. I also keep a pump sprayer in the truck, so I can it it was the sprayer if needed after a ride. Always spray with water first....and use a good quality microfiber towel to wipe dry if you need to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Careful of what you buy. I bought a 2020 XUV560E and had a flip out windshield installed at the dealer. From the beginning, exhaust fumes came into the cab so bad you could not drive it. With the windshield flipped out it was bearable but not good. I have tried every combination of moving or removing the deflector off of the muffler. Nothing works. The dealer acts like it isn't a real problem. I am in the process of having a new deflector machined with a downspout on it so I can try to dump the exhaust below the axle. Good luck.

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
Careful of what you buy. I bought a 2020 XUV560E and had a flip out windshield installed at the dealer. From the beginning, exhaust fumes came into the cab so bad you could not drive it. With the windshield flipped out it was bearable but not good. I have tried every combination of moving or removing the deflector off of the muffler. Nothing works. The dealer acts like it isn't a real problem. I am in the process of having a new deflector machined with a downspout on it so I can try to dump the exhaust below the axle. Good luck.
Do you have a rear window installed?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
So after getting several responses, what is the OP’s response?

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the front shield on, the airflow pulls air from behind into the cab. A rear windshield blocks the air flow back to the cab. Ever open the rear sliding window on your pickup with a bunch of debris in the bed? Yup gets sucked right into the cab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts