John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new muffler for old but almost restored 1994 6X4 Gas Gator. It has a newer engine installed by JD Dealer. It’s the FD620D-JS11. Basically same engine as original. I hate to fork out $300 for a JD muffler but I don’t know of any alternatives ? Any help out there ? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Depending on your serial number the muffler may be cheaper than $300.

SN: 50000 and below, Part Number VGA10547 $262.14

SN: 500001 and above, Part Number AM138509 $158.98

Since you have a replacement engine I'm not certain which one you need.

Could a good muffler shop fix the one you have? Option 2: modify AM138509 to work on your gator.

Good luck and let us know how you resolve your situation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I’d show you folks some before, during and recent pics of my “ $750.00 Barn Find 1994 6X4 gas Gator “. 1st pic was the day I went to pick it up. 2nd pic is when I got it home. Thought what have I gotten into ?! 3rd pic is a about 3 months into this project. Basically the Gator sat from April of 2006 until March 30, 2019 when I rescued it. Original owner bought it new in May 1994, had it on a farm in east central Ga. in Sept of 2005 the engine (FD620D-AS11) was replaced by JD Dealer with a FS620D-JS11. The owner died about 8 months later and family would not use it and liquidated farm. Anyhow, got it home, drained ancient gas, installed hot battery and it cranked right up !! I let it run about 5 mins and shut it down. Went and got oil filter, oil and spark plugs and it’s been running great ever since ! Of course I’ve spent a lot of time and money on it. And JD is very proud of their parts !! Here is a list of a few replacements/upgrades but it is all JD original parts except sun shade: Bumper straightened and repainted, 2 new complete headlight assemblies, all 6 new Carlisle HD Field Trax tires, 2 new rear fenders, both bed skirts replaced (called fender extenders) with correct color, new JD bedliner, new JD fuel pump, new JD carburetor, 2 new original JD seats, new JD Dash light cover, new JD turn signal and stop light kit with new additional harness, JD tag holder with lamp, new Flip Mfg rack & pinion steering with ball joints & boots, (saved $350 !) new JD Brush-guard, new JD oil pressure sending unit, new JD Water temp sending unit on engine, new JD Voltage regulator, repaired dash and re-installed Glove box, installed 12 volt power outlet in Glove box.JD Heavy Duty front shocks. Lots of $$$ for all that but I did all the work. Have left front fender coming and am sourcing a new muffler as the one on it is rusting through and almost shot. Almost finished with it. I run it several times on weekday evenings around my neighborhood and get asked about it wherever I go!. On weekends I go to my Cabin in Western N Carolina and use it doing property maintenance or cocktail cruising through the Nantahala Natl Forest. Let me know if anybody finds a muffler cheaper than JD.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Can the OP comment on what exhaust they used?

It might help someone with a similar need later on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts