John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2012 Gator 825...Had it for 1 year now..Got my Last warrentee services done...Upper Ball Joints and 1 hub bearing...At the same time I thought it would be good to put a new air and fuel Filter in...I bought this..brought the bag home ...and there was 2 Air Filters and 1 fuel filter...I thought ...what the you jerks are unloading me a an extra air filter...Well after fiddle fuckin with the skinny filter ..it fits inside the O.E. Filter...Now why did the NOT COME STOCK!!!...I here about these guys with other rigs going through a motor and finding dust/ dirt in the Intake..having to tear the engine down with Scored cylinder walls.......I just find it ODD!!! that this filter DID not come Stock from the Factory......:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 825i has one air filter, The 850 and 855d has 2 air filters in the canister, primary and secondary. You can put the inner filter in if you want to but it will cut down your your air flow under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks for the info GATORDONE. I have not taken off my airbox. It looks just like my 550 S4, but you are saying it has a inner and outter filter on the RSX 850i?

·
Registered
71 Posts
relocate the air cleaner off the floor and up under the roof dust problems are over air cleaner lasts 3 times as long i fabricated a system and are in the process of of having it bent in to one assy and with brackets for easy mounting .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts