John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you can tell from my username that I have no trust in a 825i gator. 442 miles less then 6 months old and has been broke more then it has been in the woods. BTW 400 of the 442 miles were driven by my son he is 13.
Rodeo 1 - while in the woods on a trail a branch comes up and get a hold of the wires for the light. Rips the wire out, shorts out, pops fuse gator goes dead. Now that fuse controls the key switch witch in turn controls the motor leaving me in the woods about 14 miles from the camp. Get a fuse from somewhere else (the rear switch) and limp back. You ask very first time in the woods.
Rodeo - 2 while travel to camp after only a month of owning machine the driver next to me is waving his arms pointing at the gator. I come to a stop only to find out that the roof is holding on by the lights that the dealer installed. Yes dealer installed roof as well. Ask the dealer the following day how fast can you pull this machine on the road. Answer: I have no clue, keep it under 70.
Rodeo - 3 in the woods, turkey season about to start. Come to a stop look around, turn gator off. Time for a beer, go signs for turkeys. Start back up, what a loud noise, blow the belt off. The dealer tells me that the clutch is fried.

I have ordered a roof from the internet, changed the wiring for the lights but this is only the start. I've owned several different bikes through out the days but this bike belongs on a golf course. I have since learned that another JD 825i gator has broke the front drive shaft, only a 100 miles. I'm getting a lawyer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel your pain!!!

They are complete junk! Mine has less than 100 hours on it and I'm on my 2nd blown motor. Along with that, I've had a starter, water pump, alternator, throttle body assembly, and front right drive axle replaced!!! :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys must have been the "lucky" ones who got the ones built on a friday by the guys being laid off. It sucks to hear that you guys are having that much trouble with yours. Hopefully yours are just a couple of rare occurences.

Luckily there is forums like this with a wealth of knowledge bc I sometimes feel like some dealers are part of the "quality" issue with somethings. Im very fortunate that I two dealers within 20 mile of each other because is less than desirable and one is top notch except the fact that they dont have a lot big enough to drive the gator or equipment around to duplicate funny noises and things..

Good luck and i hope the issues smooth out for you guys.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum gentlemen.

I hate to hear about the problems. I have had nothing but good luck out of all of my gators, all the way from 6x4 diesel to 620is to 850i.

I agree with Allygator, a lot of problems have to do with some dealers. It is a good possibility that the dealer prep was not done or something was not done before shipping to the dealer.

This forum has a lot of info with a lot of knowledgeable ppl on here.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow sounds like some issues going on here...I know there has to be 1 with the driveshaft to the front Diff...I have broken the right front cv Joint myself...in 2 foot of snow and Ice...When I take my rig out ..I secure the roof....its Only plastic...I put a winshield Guard on...so the plexi wont break...And when I am out I try not to beat the thing to death....If I do I better plan on bringing some axles....especially the right front...This is a good running Rig...Great for Trails ,,,,Mud and such....Geez all you have to do is look at the control arms to tell how much this thing can take...The Steal is fairly thin...So Take it easy....or Plan on doing LOTS OF MODS....I have one some to mine...and only owned it 6 months

1 - 5 of 5 Posts