John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace both front cv axles on an 825i. Or at a minimum the outer CV joints on both. Deere does not sell the joints separately. I found that American CV has new replacement axles for $180 a side. Anyone have experience using these, or other non-Deere replacement axles?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been able to reach anyone at Gorilla, and my messages have gone un-responded.

I went ahead and ordered two of the front axles that AmericanCV sells, but from a different supplier. Should have them early next week.

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Well I guess they went from "heard good things" to heard bad things about Gorilla Axle's.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new axles came. They look good enough, and the replacement went like clockwork. The originals lasted less than 200 hours. I have no way of knowing how long the boots were damaged, so this may have been preventable. Here's a few pics for ya. Don't mind the length difference in the pic. One is the left side and the other is the right side.

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Does this machine have guards installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
825i cv joint rebuild

I want to rebuild my 2013 xuv825i front and left axle cv joints. Does anyone know if such kits exist. As poor as these cv joints are designed they need to be rebuilt often and a new front axle assembly is expensive.

Frustrated

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
I want to rebuild my 2013 xuv825i front and left axle cv joints. Does anyone know if such kits exist. As poor as these cv joints are designed they need to be rebuilt often and a new front axle assembly is expensive.

Frustrated

The only failure that I have witnessed was due to a torn boot that was neglected.

The boots can be replaced however make sure you have the correct set of CV boot pliers. JD uses a stepless Oeticker band on their half shafts.

The correct set of CV boot pliers can be found at SuperATV. AutoZone or NAPA CV boot pliers won’t cut it, you will end up with a bent set of pliers

AutoZone pliers below

Correct pliers from SuperATV

Just in case the SuperATV pliers didn’t work I ordered the Oeticker OE pliers at the same time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't been able to reach anyone at Gorilla, and my messages have gone un-responded.

I went ahead and ordered two of the front axles that AmericanCV sells, but from a different supplier. Should have them early next week.

Where did you end up ordering the axles from? I broke one today don;t ask but I was doing things an 825i S4 was not made for! But JD is $300 so if these are a bit cheaper and are decent quality I am in!

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts

Where did you end up ordering the axles from? I broke one today don;t ask but I was doing things an 825i S4 was not made for! But JD is $300 so if these are a bit cheaper and are decent quality I am in!

Check out Power Sports Nation on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I bought them from Home | ATV Parts Connection

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is a heck of a price! Thanks for the heads up. Now to get it ordered. Just hope they end up being a decent replacement!

I bought them from Home | ATV Parts Connection

·
Registered
2 Posts
xuvqty 2 825i washers on spindle

I removed left front tire and tehn the spindle nut on my 825i and then 2 washers. I noticed the washers are not flat, but rather concave on one side. Is this by design or due to the torque put on them by the spindle nut. if by design I need to know how they go back on. any ideas?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I removed left front tire and tehn the spindle nut on my 825i and then 2 washers. I noticed the washers are not flat, but rather concave on one side. Is this by design or due to the torque put on them by the spindle nut. if by design I need to know how they go back on. any ideas?
Yes, that is by design. They should be installed with the concave facing the hub.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts