John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used AMT 622 and did not get a manual. Can someone tell me how full to fill the transmission and what kind of oil.

Thanks and great to be a part of the JD Gator family!

Rod

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A project Gator AMT 626

I agree these are great for what I need to do that my body doesnt want to do.
I came here to see if anyone had changed anything on the AMT, Im down to the brakes but Im having fun with it. Im able to use it as a tool but have to be carefull until I get it done. Wiring and lift is done. If anyone has 'ideas' let us know. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've never seen a 5 wheel Gator before. I just looked the AMT 626 up. That is a sharp little machine. Need to see some pictures when you finish the work. Oh Welcom to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AMT 622 primary clutch issues

Just got our 622 running. It ran down the driveway pretty fast the first time we fired it up. Now, all of a sudden, when we increase the rpms in drive, the primary clutch won't compress all the way. It just wants to crawl along even though the rpms are up. however, in nuetral it seems to compresses all the way. We did find one broken spring inside. Any ideas what could be wrong? HELP!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not all that familiar with these clutches, but they are similar to the CVT clutches in snowmobiles. Everything in those clutches needs to be in perfect working order. Everything has to be there and working, or else there will be issues. Since you have identified a broken spring, that is the beginning of the problem.
Have a look at all the springs and weights, nylon inserts and rubber dampers, and check the pivot holes.

Thankfully, I don't have clutch problems with mine, other than a bit of sticking every now and then, most often in the spring after winter storage. Easily fixed by blowing out with air, some WD40, and a good wipe-down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clutch

Thanks Fixter. Our next step is a good take down and clean. The spring kits for these clutches is around $150. Ouch! A refurbished clutch on eBay is around $200. Does anyone know of a spring that would work in lieu of the original. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
622 clutch spring

Greetings. Does anyone have a used clutch spring lying around for a 622. One of mine are broke and I hate to buy a $150 dollar spring kit. Thanks everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts