John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for a audio system for my 825i i cant fid one that i like i wanted to here it first can anyone suggest one

my friend just bought a 800 polaris ranger i bought the 825i i thought that they were not as beefy as the 825 he wants to hook them bumper to bumper like a tug of war does the 825 have a shot

both are stock but they say the ranger has more horse power and pulling power

·
Registered
46 Posts
i was looking for a audio system for my 825i i cant fid one that i like i wanted to here it first can anyone suggest one

my friend just bought a 800 polaris ranger i bought the 825i i thought that they were not as beefy as the 825 he wants to hook them bumper to bumper like a tug of war does the 825 have a shot

both are stock but they say the ranger has more horse power and pulling power
I can't help with the audio system, but you can bet that I will be following this thread closely as I should be getting my 825i tomorrow and would like to add something in the near future.

As for the tug of war, I don't know who "they" are, but all specs I've seen put both the Ranger XP 800 and the XUV 825i at 50 HP. For a tug of war, torque will be more important, and torque at the tires will be key. The XUV's engine is 812cc vs 760cc for the XP, so I'm guessing the XUV can generate more torque, but I haven't seen numbers for the XP. There are a lot of additional variables between the engine and the tires, so I won't make a prediction. The heavier XUV probably has an edge in traction. The XP does advertise being able to pull a 2000 lb. trailer vs. only 1500 for the XUV, but that doesn't equate into pulling power.

- Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a new 825i in January of this year. I also wanted a stereo system for my machine. After vigourous web searching I decided to purchase the "cooter brown stereo" from extrememetalproducts.com. It has a sony stereo with an ipod, mp3 player dock that is proteceted behind the flip down face plate of the stereo. As another feature the whole system is enclosed in a marine grade water proof console. Very easy assembly as it comes already assembled, and all I had to do was connect the ground, hot, and key switch wires to the machine. I decided to go direct to the battery under the passenger seat. The key switch I than tapped into the 10 amp fuse that is under the passenger seat. That fuse (if you have bucket seat, I should note) is for the accessory plug in the center console. I have been very pleased with the sound of the radio and the quality of the fm/am built in antenna with the number of stations it is capable of picking up.

AS to your question of pulling power, we also have two 08 polaris rangers-one HD and one XP, both 700-and I would take my 825i over the both of them anyday. We use them on the farm and ranch daily and put them to the test whether it is spraying pastures in the summer or calving in the winter...I truly believe my 825i will outlast and outwork them both!

I know I have gotten lenghty, but I hope this helps you.

Huskergator17

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have done extensive research on both the 825i and the 800hp wen the dust settled i went with JD. I am also a big arctic cat fan and i couldnt bring myself to buy the polaris. All of the specs and comparisons have the 800hp with the advatage but that is all on paper so to me that information and stats only go so far. i do know that the 825i is at least 400lbs heavier. my friend works for JD and he said that they are rated low for liability reasons and for being able to stop. It doesnt mean that it wont pull a house down. oh and i am the only one of my buddies that bought the 825i the rest purchased 800hp so there are alot of bragging rights up for grab any more information or help would be greatful

the audio that you bought was it expensive and is it marine grade i jhust want something easy to install and easy to use. if the sound quality is good then i dont mind spending the money

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought one of the roll bar mounted stereo's from Side by Side Motorsports...it was the one for $399...and the mount for it was like another $40 or so...it has a Pioneer stereo with all the goodies, and has two sweet Marine Grade speakers...It friggin' ROCKS....I have a full Poly Cab, so it's loud inside the cab by itself, so adding the stereo made the extra noise much more bearable...I would definitely suggest buying the same stereo unit...that's how much I like mine...real easy install, and the mounts that go between the roll bars up at the roof are solid as a rock...

They also make one that has a map light built into it, but it was $50 more...I opted to just put a couple LED lights in the cab for less than $10...

Good luck finding one....

Larry in MD :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the radio that I purchased was around 450.00. I believe I saw the one that was cheaper with the pioneer radio, I just chose the one with the sony radio and built in ipod dock for my ipod. I am sure that either one would be a good pick.

Larry, you mentioned the full polly cab that you have, I looked into it but left it out when I purchased my machine. I am still thinking about it for next winter though as I to have the 72" hydraulic snow plow...just wondering how you like it and if you would recommend it to others. I haven't really found anything aftermarket that I like the looks of.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe the radio that I purchased was around 450.00. I believe I saw the one that was cheaper with the pioneer radio, I just chose the one with the sony radio and built in ipod dock for my ipod. I am sure that either one would be a good pick.

Larry, you mentioned the full polly cab that you have, I looked into it but left it out when I purchased my machine. I am still thinking about it for next winter though as I to have the 72" hydraulic snow plow...just wondering how you like it and if you would recommend it to others. I haven't really found anything aftermarket that I like the looks of.

Thanks
I LOVE my full Poly Cab!!!...even though I think the all glass Deluxe Cab is a better looking cab, the cost of it, along with the extra weight kept me from buying it instead....My doors come off in like 2 seconds, so riding when it's nice out with plenty of fresh air is easy to do...if I had the extra money to put into a Deluxe Cab, I don't know that I would have gotten it instead of the Poly one now that I've had my cab for awhile...it suits me fine, and it doesn't look bad at all either...it's also real easy to add lights and all those kind of goodies on the roof...I added a back up camera and mounted the camera part on the back of the Poly cab in the middle right above my sliding glass rear window...then, I added a LED work light about 6 inches next to it using one of the mounting holes for the cab to attach to the rear section...

I also got the glass windshield with the wiper and I would definitely recommend getting that instead of any other windshield...I definitely couldn't live without that option now that I have it...

If you want to know anything specific, just let me know....be glad to help out...

Larry in MD :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts