John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m fairly new to this forum, but I’ve been troubleshooting my 620i for awhile, and the one common issue I’ve found is the small in line fuel filter before the fuel pump. Apparently most people, including the mechanics at the dealership, don’t know it’s there. It’s gonna be under the driver seat. I added a longer piece of fuel line and put a fuel filter by the pump so it is accessible and easy to change. I would definitely look at that first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#28 on the diagram
Thank you for the great ideas. I checked the service manual for the 625i and it doesn't appear to have the second inline filter. I had a family member with lots of ATV experience suggest that it might be either eroded spark plugs or clogged spark arrestor. I gapped and installed new plugs and cleaned the spark arrestor with carb cleaner as suggested in the owner's manual and now everything seems fine. I have only run it once since though and unfortunately I didn't run it in between cleaning the arrestor and installing the plugs so I don't know which issue was the exact cause. I guess the odds are that once in awhile the solution is simple!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts