John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 625i with 1400 hrs on farm roads. Ball joints are worn out and need to replace. The original JD parts did not hold up very well and I want to replace with MOOG or other high quality. Has anyone replaced these in the past? Upper AM146066, Lower AUC12838.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It’s unlikely these are unique to JD, but finding a crossover can be very tricky.

if you’re lucky, Moog or similar have a searchable technical section that allows looking up parts based on diameters, tapers, lengths, etc. but sometimes finding such info is hard and requires a call into their engineering group. I’ve done this in the past to find tie-rods

Another possibility is to determine if the part is similar to a competitive part that has better aftermarket support. Example: RZR. JD doesn’t allow their suppliers to participate in the aftermarket thus protecting their very lucrative replacement parts replacement business.

Searching the PN’s you’ve listed uncovers some aftermarket no name offerings. Perhaps thee quality is similar but the price might make it worth the gamble. It’s not like JD offers a life time warranty on their premium priced parts.

Good luck and please report back what you find.

Wish I could be of more help

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 2 of 2 Posts