John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their battery light come on randomly? Mine does every once in a while but I havent noticed any speciffic conditions that may be causing it. However, today was the first time I used the winch and the light stayed on the entire winching process. That gator was on and running.

·
Registered
709 Posts
On an RSX right? I have had my battery light come on. If it sits and idles or if i am creeping along (which will keep all head lights on) and my LED's on, i have gotten a battery light. I dont think that's uncommon. I did however, will all my LED's and such on there, i installed a battery trickle charger so when im not using it, i keep it plugged in. Seems to have helped pretty well! And those aren't expensive

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RSX, yes.

Ok. I never had any trouble getting it started and I've fired it up when it was in the single digits an entire week.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Oh ive never had a problem starting it at all, just seems like the flywheel alternator just cant quite keep up. But i have had the battery light come on in my vehicle before. Since i have started using a trickle charger on it, has not come on since.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good guys. Justed wanted to make sure it wasnt just a "problem" I was having.

I may have to get another trickle charges...just in case.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I'm running HID headlight bulbs, light bar, winch, and now a heater. Stator won't keep up if running too many accessories, especially at idle! I think the manual says something like the light will come on when charge to battery falls below a certain level. I've read on other forums (Polaris mainly) where people are using a deep cycle battery. I plan on ordering an Odyssey 925 battery sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not a bad idea to run a Odyssey secondary battery with a isolator, especially if you are running a lot of other stuff other than the stock OEM equipment.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a bad idea to run a Odyssey secondary battery with a isolator, especially if you are running a lot of other stuff other than the stock OEM equipment.
Ok batman...:rolleyes:

explain that setup and how one would hook it up with the existing battery. :confused:

you already know my deal with electric stuffs. :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
The deer dual battery set up is the same thing. The secondary battery is for accessories the first is primary for starting and running the machine. It charges the first one then after its got enough volts it charges the second one because it's isolated from the rest of the system.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ok batman...:rolleyes:

explain that setup and how one would hook it up with the existing battery. :confused:

you already know my deal with electric stuffs. :p
I have never hooked one up, but I could figure it out. I would have to do some research to tell you, I just know about it, LOL!!!!

JD_Ag explained it in the last post, thank you sir!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
No problem!! I'm sure I'll learn enough from you and everyone else here. I figure we have to share what we know to make us all better. For 200ish bucks you get everything you need to do it from john Deere except batteries. Its a pretty straight forward install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts