John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RSX850 members,

I am new to the forum and a new RSX850 owner as of October 2012. I have had all of the recall upgrades. During this past PA winter, I could not start the Gator and come to find out it is the battery. I can jump start it but it will not hold a charge.

Has anyone expereinced a bad battery within 1 1/5 years or a short that may be draining the battery?

Thanks much for any insight!

DW

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello and welcome from another new forum member. Although I've had my machine only since April of this year, the original battery was installed in 10/12. After 8 hours of run time my battery went dead as well. I picked up a charger and at 10 amps recharged it to full in about 1 1/2 hours.

Have you made any electrical upgrades? Are you using a battery tender while it sits? Have you tried a recharge? JD batteries are not their strong suit. So if you've tried the above and it still won't hold a charge it might be time to bite the bullet. If you haven't, try a charger on it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Been running an Odyssey 925 for the last couple of months. Bolts right in with a couple longer bolts for the battery retainer. Run HID headlight bulbs, 2 HID can lights and an LED light bar. One of the best upgrades I've done so far. Stay away from the JD Strongbox battery they recommend as a replacement!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts