John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the group and just bought a 2016 RSX860I. The Battery does not keep a charge and I am told it does not have an Alternator. Does anyone know what can be done to fix this?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It has a magnet/stator and uses a voltage regulator to supply power. Perhaps verify your voltage regulator is functioning as it should and check all fuses. It's also possible the battery is no good. Take it to your local auto parts store and have them load test it.

If you have don't have any electrical troubleshooting equipment or know how to use them, suggest you find someone that can or take it to a professional. Of course you can always buy parts and hope it fixes the problem. If this is the case buy a new battery, new voltage regulator, etc... until you solve the problem.

Buy the Technical Manual if you plan on doing repairs. In this case the electrical diagrams, theory of operation and specific electrical test will help tremendously. If you're unwilling to splurge for this document, your not serious about repairing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 200mph. It turned out to be a fuse problem. Where can I get the technical manual? I googled it and only the basic meeting came up which is pretty useless

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Technical manual can be purchased from your favorite JD Dealer including those on line.

The correct manual # can be found here. Document Order Codes
You'll need to know your serial number as the model year is not used by JD.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts