John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 825I. Since it was new when I start it the belt squeels for 10 - 20 seconds before it quiets down. I should have taken it back for service but never found the time. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this squeel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a chronic problem with the 825i I believe. I tightened my belt and the startup squeal stopped, but a separate chirping started after it warmed up. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the water pump, alternator and belt. The same thing has started happening again. I am going to let the new belt break in for about 20 hours and then tighten it. If that doesn't work, back to the dealer again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a chronic problem with the 825i I believe. I tightened my belt and the startup squeal stopped, but a separate chirping started after it warmed up. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the water pump, alternator and belt. The same thing has started happening again. I am going to let the new belt break in for about 20 hours and then tighten it. If that doesn't work, back to the dealer again.
Hey was this the timing belt and tensioner in the end?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts