John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, it seems like my belt slips on my gator way to easily! I was wondering if this is common? it doesnt seem like im in that much water, like barely running in under the doors and the belt starts slipping. Is the belt guard suppose to be water tight? I mean they did forget to plug my fan in at the factor so they could have forgot a seal or something!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a common issue. I am not having any belt slipping problems. It is not suppose to be water tight, but its supposed to be sealed up to some extent. Its a pain to get to, but I would check it out. I am going to remove my clutches and the back plate and reseal her right myself. When I get time, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i would say i have a slight problem, i have her down to the dealer right now and im hoping they find the problem!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many brands of machines have this problem. There is a gasket on the belt housing, but sometimes they are not tight enough... or just did not seal well.

Most users that know they will be in water will use silicone on the gasket to make sure it is sealed. Also make sure the hose fittings are tight... sometimes they loosen or were never pushed on far enough.

If you plan to ride in water, make sure to seal up the dipstick as well. It is low and water could get in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Belt slippin on RSX

Hey buckbro....What ended up being the issue with your machine??? Mine seems to be doing the same thing...Slips on takeoff and wont climb...sounds like maybe my belt is torn up...hearing a lil noise under the seat area...Thanks for any replies...Tryin to keep from having to take it to the dealer round here...Bought it used and they don't seem to wanna help much...One dealer said he wouldnt mess with em due to "Transmission Problems"...Other one said it'd be a week or 2 till I can get any answers due to being full of work in the shop...Thanks again for any help offered...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds to me like your belt is bad, mine would only slip after I hit water. I had to reseal my belt housing and I plug the drain hole on the bottom.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey buckbro....What ended up being the issue with your machine??? Mine seems to be doing the same thing...Slips on takeoff and wont climb...sounds like maybe my belt is torn up...hearing a lil noise under the seat area...Thanks for any replies...Tryin to keep from having to take it to the dealer round here...Bought it used and they don't seem to wanna help much...One dealer said he wouldnt mess with em due to "Transmission Problems"...Other one said it'd be a week or 2 till I can get any answers due to being full of work in the shop...Thanks again for any help offered...
Yeah you have a bad belt and a horrible dealer. It's easy to mess up the stock belt if you're running bigger tires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts