John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running Team Alba's belt temp. gauge? Interested to see how it works on the rsx and what kind of temps your seeing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought one but am waiting to install it until I get the time to put the EPI clutch kit in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Epi clutch kit just showed up too. Was hoping to hear about before and after numbers to see the benefit from the clutching.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried another spring to lower the engagement rpm to help with reverse? Is that the only issue with the clutch kit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is the problem in reverse?

·
Registered
709 Posts
No i didnt not try a different spring. The spring will lower your clutch engagement but it was only by like 2-300 rpms. I can deal with it but it's a pain.

The problem with reverse isnt a huge one, but when you put your stock machine in reverse and give it throttle, the engagement is nice and smooth. Since the clutch kit raises the engagement, reverse can be a little jerky! I have gotten used to it and it's not always bad but it is noticable.

BUT i dont think that's any reason NOT to put the clutch kit in. I have really noticed a huge difference especially sand hill climbing that it does not take as much RPM's to go up a steep Gravel/Sand hill as it did stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I rigged one up on my machine. Not sure how Alba runs theirs but I just put the temp probe closest to clutch housing on the exhaust side on my snorkel.

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
871 Posts
On my 550 I can look into the air outlet for the clutch housing and see the belt and driven clutch. It's an easy shot with an IR thermometer. The last temp I remember was 160 or 170f.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Look into a 3 bilge blower. Found in marine applications. I recently installed a blower on my intake and exhaust sides of my snorkel. Sadly it's winter here and most likely won't need it much. Hot summer days should make a huge difference tho.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Look into a 3 bilge blower. Found in marine applications. I recently installed a blower on my intake and exhaust sides of my snorkel. Sadly it's winter here and most likely won't need it much. Hot summer days should make a huge difference tho.
If you don't mind sir could You post a couple pics and kind of a how you did cause I really want to do this with mine

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
871 Posts
I don't know if there is clearance in the 825's housing but the fan face plate from the 550's clutch should fit on the 825's. I also don't know if it's available as an individual part or if you have to buy the whole clutch to get it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And what brand of. Blower did y you get thanks
I'll post some pics once I get home. Not sure the brand. SomeThing that has a high cfm (cubic feet per minute). Found a 4 inch was to big so went with a 3 inch blower that I got at local marine shop.
Ok thank you and are you running a snorkel on your Rsx? Just curious if that's where you connected it in between the two connections

1 - 20 of 25 Posts