John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !!! My 2015 825i yellow bench seat has a few rips and holes. I have tried Gorilla tape with limited success. Has anyone found a good tape? Do I go with a seat cover? Any after market seats available? Or do i go to Deere and cringe.

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
Hi all !!! My 2015 825i yellow bench seat has a few rips and holes. I have tried Gorilla tape with limited success. Has anyone found a good tape? Do I go with a seat cover? Any after market seats available? Or do i go to Deere and cringe.
Check online at Power Sports Nation in Norfolk Nebraska they’re a large used part warehouse for UTVs

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've had decent enough luck by sewing tears closed with needle and thread. Sort of like stitching a wound closed. Then use a vinyl repair kit to put a bit of color and texture on the repair area. It still looks Frankenstein but it's better than an open tear.

You can also do seat covers. I found a hippie camo (yes, the 60's hippie symbol on camo) cheap and made seat covers from that. I only sewed to form box corners but then used adhesive backed velcro to tuck the fabric under the seat and hold in place. It's warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer's sun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Dane. I hear wisdom when you sewed up the vinyl before it became a hole. I'm not that lucky. Has anyone used the seat covers in Ebay?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just saying the covers on Ebay doesn't narrow it down at all or tell us what you are looking at. Any seat cover, even a crappy one probably looks better than a old torn seat.

I would pay attention to the material. Porous or breathable materials (fleece, some uncoated nylons/canvas) are nice to sit on because they breath and can be more warm in winter and cool in summer but dirt and moisture can get into the fabric. Waterproof seat covers don't breath so they usually aren't as comfortable but you can hose them off when dirty or wipe off the water when they get wet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts