John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XUV 835M, burned up 2013 XUV 625I
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a new 835m and will pick it up next week, which will replace my 625I that burned up. I have been reading some and I believe I will need better headlights than what comes stock.

The problem is I dont have hundreds of dollars to upgrade to driving lights on top or the high/low bulb system.

Can y'all give me some recommendations on replacements for the stock bulbs that will be both brighter and reach out farther in front.
TIA

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I bought some cheap L.E.D. lights off Amazon for under $30 and an adapter plug to connect to headlight plugs. Of course the stock headlights are no longer functional but should the LEDs fail it is just a matter of plugging them back in.

These smaller leds put out 5x the light and are inexpensive. (27 or 36 watt types)

(Wire adapter mimicked the back of the headlight.)

Reactions: 711gator

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought some cheap L.E.D. lights off Amazon for under $30 and an adapter plug to connect to headlight plugs. Of course the stock headlights are no longer functional but should the LEDs fail it is just a matter of plugging them back in.

These smaller leds put out 5x the light and are inexpensive. (27 or 36 watt types)

(Wire adapter mimicked the back of the headlight.)

what kind of adapter would i need since i dont have possession of the gator yet. What kind of plugin does the gator lights have, i.e. a name or numerical designation of some kind? do you remember which bulbs you ordered.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Created this post some time ago. In my case it was an H11 bulb but not certain what your model would be.

Hope this is helpful.

I’ve used this light configuration on my tractors and would go this route if space is available. They weren’t available to in this form factor when I did the Gator.

Stock headlights might be 881 form factor. Hopefully someone with your model can verify.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Created this post some time ago. In my case the t was an H11 bulb but not certain what your model would be.

Hope this is helpful.

I’ve used this a light configuration on my tractors and would go this route if space is available. They weren’t available now n this form factor when I did the Gator.

Stock headlights might be 881 form factor. Hopefully someone with your model can verify.
Thank you for all the info. I like what you did with yours. Your info was well documented and I like it. I am thinking the connector for the headlight is an 881, but will confirm when I pick up the gator tomorrow or the next day.
rdwarrior

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the info. I like what you did with yours. Your info was well documented and I like it. I am thinking the connector for the headlight is an 881, but will confirm when I pick up the gator tomorrow or the next day.
rdwarrior
Well I tried a replacement halogen bulb today and it didnt work. The base of the bulb was too large to go through the bulb opening in the fixture. So I bit the bullet and ordered 2 lights like yours and the extension line to mount them tot he brush guard. Again thank you for the info. It was most helpful.
Ron
aka rdwarrior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts