John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 620i 4x4 is due for brake pads. Searching on the web has been frustrating. I find pads for a 2010 4x4 on one site, but it says they are not compatible with a 2008. I'm skeptical. Does anyone know whether the 2010 pads are indeed not compatible? Or does anyone know where to go? TIA.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Look up the brakes on JDparts.com and see if there are multiple part numbers based on serial number. JD doesn't go by manufacture date, so I can understand why there might be an issue from the vendor when stating what manufactured dates it covers.

Of course your local dealer or one of the site sponsors could supply, but I'm guessing you're a bit taken back by the JD price.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I took a very quick look on jdpart.com and it looks like there are no SN breaks for the pads. Front and Rear look to be the same P/N. If what I saw is true, the same brake PN is used throughout the model run. PLEASE VERIFY YOURSELF!!! I took a very quick look.

Once you find something that works, please close this thread by posting the details. This will go a long way in improving the quality of this forum and it will help those down the road.

JD part number: AM141182

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took your advice and searched some more. It seems the closest JD dealer doesn't carry the part, but using the part number on the site I found a reasonably priced choice on Amazon. Gonna order the set and hope for the best. Will report the results.

I used the part number above in my search and it led to the Amazon site. The price beats what I found on EBay and there is no apparent difference in model years.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I hope you confirmed the JD part number shown is post #3 is the correct item for your needs.

Agree the price from JD is outrageous and points to simple greed on their part. If the price was competitive most wouldn't have a need to shop around.

Besides what you find through ebay, I believe EBC brakes sells pads for at least some of the gators out their.

Post what your origianl pads look like when you have a chance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the part number on a JD website, but with no price--apparently not in stock. Instead of searching further I opted to order from Amazon. Not sure how well they will hold up. Time will tell. Will post more when I can compare them with the originals.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the pads yesterday. Turns out I misread the caliper I used to measure the pads in the machine.:oops: (couldn't find a smilie for embarrassed). The pads are ok for now. Will keep these for when the originals go.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Try looking online at Green Farm Parts or Green Parts Store.

On edit

I looked up part number AM141182 on Green Parts Store they show a price of $63.65 for 2 sets of pads. I don’t think this price is outrageous at all. For less than 130.00 you can have new brake pads on all four wheels.

·
Registered
858 Posts
While I prefer to support our site sponsors, JD is to blame for forcing many to look elsewhere for replacement parts. $65 for pads is very high compared to what's available on the open market or compared to automotive brakes, which typically come with a lifetime warranty.

It may not be a fair comparison to automotive, but that is a likely reference for many.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking through Amazon, I found several sets for four wheels for less than $50. I would go there before paying JD prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts