John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered the brake/tail light assembly for the xuv 590, as my 560 has the mounting holes for the light in the rear middle of the rops bar. The kit comes with a wiring harness and hopefully the instructions will advise how to run the wires and where to hook them up. Anybody had any experience with this kit?

ps ..... the 590 comes with front and rear lighting and the 560 only has front lighting, no rear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No responses from anyone, but I have an update. The kit I ordered came in and the instructions say it is for the xuv 550. I followed the instructions and was able to install the brake/tail light with no real issues. The 560 is basically the same thing as the 550 I suppose???? The only thing is that the instructions say to replace the 2 position rocker switch on the dash with the 3 position switch in the kit. There was no switch in the kit! Fortunately all works well w/o any switch change.
- Flacco

·
Registered
2 Posts
No responses from anyone, but I have an update. The kit I ordered came in and the instructions say it is for the xuv 550. I followed the instructions and was able to install the brake/tail light with no real issues. The 560 is basically the same thing as the 550 I suppose???? The only thing is that the instructions say to replace the 2 position rocker switch on the dash with the 3 position switch in the kit. There was no switch in the kit! Fortunately all works well w/o any switch change.
- Flacco
I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 560. Any pics you can share--especially the wiring?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 560. Any pics you can share--especially the wiring?
I am also looking into adding a brake light. If you could include any pictures and advice on the install on my Xuv560e

·
Registered
5 Posts
- Flacco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you find the connector hiding in the factory wiring harness to plug in the 3 prong tail light wire?
My kit was missing the instructions.....

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Maybe the OP can make a copy of the instructions and attach for others to reference in the future.

Did the OP call the dealer and ask why the 3-position switch wasn't included?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't installed my kit yet, but I did find this link to the PDF of the instructions on the Green Part Store website:

These match the instructions that were included in my kit. From what I can see without taking anything apart, the wiring harness on mine is down by the battery, under the seat. It's pretty accessible. The only reason I think I'll have to remove covers and take off the top tube of the OPS, as it says in the instructions, is to be able to route the wire from the harness up to the tail light.

There was no 3 position switch in mine either. I'm guessing it's not really needed, but I'll find out for sure once I get it all installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't installed my kit yet, but I did find this link to the PDF of the instructions on the Green Part Store website:

These match the instructions that were included in my kit. From what I can see without taking anything apart, the wiring harness on mine is down by the battery, under the seat. It's pretty accessible. The only reason I think I'll have to remove covers and take off the top tube of the OPS, as it says in the instructions, is to be able to route the wire from the harness up to the tail light.

There was no 3 position switch in mine either. I'm guessing it's not really needed, but I'll find out for sure once I get it all installed.
Thanks so much!!
VERY HELPFUL AND MUCH APPRECIATED

·
Registered
3 Posts
832E4333-3C6B-49D5-AEE7-ADBDC65EC75D.jpeg

I installed my brake light today. Very easy to do. Here is a picture of the wire harness with the wires exposed. The top brown plug is the plug on the wire harness you plug the lower brown plug into. (The lower plug is from the light after I ran it down to the harness through the roll bars. And removing the body panel was easy also t5 torq bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We hooked up our brake / tail light and it's on when the key is on but it doesn't change when the brake is pushed. Any suggestions on what we need to do to make this work correctly?

·
Super Moderator
3,558 Posts
We hooked up our brake / tail light and it's on when the key is on but it doesn't change when the brake is pushed. Any suggestions on what we need to do to make this work correctly?
Check the condition of the bulb in the tail light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it not the bulb, then should be easy to track down with a multimeter.
Just 3 wires in this harness, ground, taillight and brake light. I would start at the connector at the light and work my way back to the next connection point if everything checks good until you find where you have lost connectivity on the brake light. My bet (and hope) is it’s just a bad bulb as already suggested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it not the bulb, then should be easy to track down with a multimeter.
Just 3 wires in this harness, ground, taillight and brake light. I would start at the connector at the light and work my way back to the next connection point if everything checks good until you find where you have lost connectivity on the brake light. My bet (and hope) is it’s just a bad bulb as already suggested.
Everything is new including the gator. We purchased and are trying to get the brake light hooked up ourselves. It does mention the 3 position switch in the directions which it didn't come with. Do I need to change the switch on the dashboard?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everything is new including the gator. We purchased and are trying to get the brake light hooked up ourselves. It does mention the 3 position switch in the directions which it didn't come with. Do I need to change the switch on the dashboard?
I don’t understand the 3 position switch they mention, mine works fine with the stock 2 position switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with the post mentioned above. I bet one of the filaments broke in shipping. I just plugged to the correct color harness and it worked fine. Mine also came with the switch. I was told that is for a xuv550. The 560 doesn’t need the new switch.

·
Super Moderator
3,558 Posts
I don’t understand the 3 position switch they mention, mine works fine with the stock 2 position switch.
I installed a three way in order to have a running light option with the front lights. Perhaps this is why they added a three way switch ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have a running light and a brake light? I have a running light but no brake light. Thanks for all the feedback but I'm at a loss at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the post mentioned above. I bet one of the filaments broke in shipping. I just plugged to the correct color harness and it worked fine. Mine also came with the switch. I was told that is for a xuv550. The 560 doesn’t need the new switch.
Do you have a brake and running light without changing the switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found out the hard way that the 2019 xuv560 has the lighting harness run from behind the dash to under the passenger seat. It is already fused under the hood. You need a switch and an extension harness to the light. Any accessory wiring is under the seat too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts