John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes. I found a great deal on the RSX so I went with it.First thing I did was sent it to a friend of mine at extreme atv for 2 inich lift looks great,add a snorkel.I have ordered a 4 INICH GEAR LIFT for it.pics to up soon

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome to the forum.

Cant wait to see the pictures. Dont forget to add the details on the custom work, that's how most of us come up with how we get rid of our paychecks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great to hear there is someone on this forum that has purchased the gear lift! cant wait to see pics and hear how it does!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as I can get the pictures uploaded I will

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XD2311 how did you wire up your fan over ride switch an at what point do you turn it on

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm curious about the GR lifts too... They're a little pricey but if they work as well as HL says then it may be worth looking into..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just waiting on it to come in an I'll let everyone know how it does lord knows that I am very hard on a bike as our saying goes go hard are go home.got some led lights in last night when I get them on I will post pics. Also I am in the the middle of building a rad an ooilcoler relocate will post pics of that also

·
Registered
114 Posts
XD2311 how did you wire up your fan over ride switch an at what point do you turn it on
used a relay, switch and spliced into the existing wire to the fan.(blue one on the 4 pin connector of the ECM)

Turn it on after I go through a couple of mud holes and the mud starts to harden in the raditor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are some shots of the snorkel I built
Can you give us some sizes/lengths/angle/bends on the pieces that contect to the air box?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes as soon as I can get to the shop an get the get all the info when im finished

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had brain fart!!!! When I get back to the house I will get you all that info

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some shots of the snorkel I built
OK coming out of airbox ia a
CANTEX 2.5 with a rigid nut on the back if it.Then a 2 " cupler fits nice an snug in the 2.5 fitting.then glue a 6"long piece in to a 45 from there a 2" long piece to a 20 then come up with a 20"piece an top off with a 90. all is glued but one piece an that is the one at the air box an I used black rtv gasket maker for easy filter change. IF any of you guys need any more info feel free to call me 318-355-5968

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great info. That gives me a starting point.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pvc an a few rubber pvc boots

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looking Good!!! Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update on the gator radio an speakers installed,two 18 watt led lights mounted on windshield one 18 wat led mounted under brake light 200 watt amp mounted above brake light waiting on two wake board tubes with 6.5 kickers to come in kenwood radio mounted on front roll cage tube starting to take shape. THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE 4 INCH GEAR LIFT IS IT HAS BEEN ON ORDER SINCE 4-26 AN STILL NOT HERE

·
Registered
11 Posts
521edge, I had some communication today with High Lifter because I am interested in the 4 inch gear lift. They said that it would a few more weeks before they even start stocking it but they have a part number for it. Did you order it from somewhere or someone else or did they let you advance order it? Just wondering. Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts