John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We built a little bridge over a small creek to keep from breaking down the creek sides. It is in a turn and also without much of tools (pick axe, shovel, etc) and plenty of rocks. It is 8 ft wide and plan to add some side rails. Treated lumber is not cheap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like nice work. What's underneath the surface that we see? Do you expect the spring floods to wash over it without moving it? I wish I knew more about planning for projects like that. I usually end up doing them twice!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Browns Camp

Nice Bridge ..We have a lot of Those in are area...And a lot are not wide enough for a sisebyside

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks like nice work. What's underneath the surface that we see? Do you expect the spring floods to wash over it without moving it? I wish I knew more about planning for projects like that. I usually end up doing them twice!
90% of the time it is just a ditch with little water running through it. The worst it has been is a small flow. The problem is the ground gets soft around it and the walls were collapsing when I drove through it making the ditch wider. The majority of water seems to run underground and this is the overflow since it has been dammed up on the upside of the creek. I could easily undam (is that a word?) it to allow water to keep water from ponding (nothing really big).

When I drive over it, it does not sag (2x8x8 joists with two doubled) but it makes a sound as the tires go across it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice looking bridge!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice work! We all gotta do our part to help the environment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts