·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Isn't item 21 what you need? AM135867 They call it a ball joint o_O

Ball Joint

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sorry... I knew it wasn't this easy. Typically these would be called an inner tie rod if dealing with automotive. I'm wondering if one from a different brand would work. It's also possible they may have had this part available in the past and an old part number existed. But who would have such information?

If the rack is nearly $400, is it time to consider electric steering? Assuming one exists for this model.

I feel your pain in having to purchase way more than needed to make the repairs.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,045 Posts
For price comparison check with Green Farm Parts use code GTT for a discount or with Green Part Store online.

Reactions: MattMan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody know the thread size and pitch on the tie rod ends? Gonna try my hand at making a shaft.

I found these hex tube adapters online and they look like a fantastic way to save $400 on the whole rack assembly. I have a welder, so if I can find the right sized adapter I’ll be in business.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazon. Flip manufacturering brand steering rack. $138. I have one. It’s awesome!
I looked at those, it doesn’t match up to the part number I need. You saying it will fit anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts