John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all I’m a new guy, just have a question, I just bought a new older model 825 gator 5 days ago, well I really just got to get on it and ride it for the first time yesterday,I mean spend time on it, I’ve decided I’m not a big fan of it at all, my question is am I able to return this to the dealer? I’d still like a John Deere product but I’d really like the 860, I financed it with the 0% for 48 mo., is this doable or am I stuck with the machine?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The only person who will be able to answer this for you is your dealer. Suggest you call them and discuss your options.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It might be worth checking with a lawyer or your state consumer protection body to see if you have any legal options in the matter.

I'm guessing time is against you, so you will likely need to move fast.

Good luck and it sucks JD continues to ignore the clutch issues. If they cared about quality they would have fixed this by now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my dealer they are gonna work with me and get me out of it hopefully, may go with a 590m

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good luck!!!

let us know how it turns out for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
I talked to my dealer they are gonna work with me and get me out of it hopefully, may go with a 590m
What is your intended use, with your Gator ? There is a big difference between the 825 and 590 or 860 models.

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
Light trail riding and hunting
If you intend to install additional electrical accessories such as a winch, lights, stereo, etc. the 825 has a more robust charging system. The bed on the 825 is also larger if that makes a difference, also there are more cab enclosure options with the 825 if you want a cab with doors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
FWIW...I purchased a 2014 Model 625 Gator for light trail use on a tree farm and hunting support. My area is in hilly northern Wisconsin. I have never felt "under powered" with the 625 engine. I have had other issues with the machine but power capacity is certainly adequate for my purposes. As Bradhill points out, the 860 is a significant step up in cost and capability...unless you routinely haul out elk or trail ride in the higher reaches of Colorado I suggest you reconsider your purchase objectives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was absolutely no problems they took it back and reversed the sale, the salesman told me to steer clear of the 860 as they were very problematic, is this true? Also wondering why a salesman for Deere would tell me to stay away from one of their products lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Glad it had worked out for you. Dealers don’t want unhappy customers due to poor product quality.

Let us know how the new machine works out for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
Was absolutely no problems they took it back and reversed the sale, the salesman told me to steer clear of the 860 as they were very problematic, is this true? Also wondering why a salesman for Deere would tell me to stay away from one of their products lol
Great news, did you choose the 590?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven’t bought anything as of yet, I really want an 860 but the guy told me I should stay away from them because they are problematic

·
Registered
160 Posts
Comment ref Gato 860 might best be directed to Bradhill as he sees a tremendous flow of posts on all Gator models both old and new. Hard to generalize since any machine reputation reflects mfg design issues, operator use/abuse, maintenance or lack thereof...good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the 835M guy! A/C and Heat! HVAC Cab means no dust! Awesome quiet 3-cylinder engine! Big area under the bench seat for storage! Just add a bluetooth speaker and Ipod for music! A little more ground clearance would be good but, I love mine!!

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
I haven’t bought anything as of yet, I really want an 860 but the guy told me I should stay away from them because they are problematic
Did the salesman provide any specific information on why you should stay away from the 860 ? If not- perhaps you should ask him for his reasoning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts