John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to increase the amount of current I can draw from the stator. I've added custom components that cause the battery to drain after a couple of hours (by drain, I mean the custom components start to pull enough current that the voltage of the battery drops to around 10V during peak current draws). If I can upgrade the stator to put out more Amps than hopefully I can solve this problem! Does anyone know of an aftermarket part I can install? I talked to my dealer and they said that John Deere doesn't sell an upgraded stator for the RSX 850i. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

·
Registered
709 Posts
There is nothing that i know of that will allow you to be able to improve power performance. The only thing i can think of is getting the John Deere dual battery set up. Might help.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any "custom components" should be sized to the system. If you know the amp rating of the system, then shoot for 80% of that. Oversizing, over adding, over whatever, then looking for a solution seems a lil backwards to me.
The dual battery setup includes a battery isolator so it wont draw down the starting battery. When running, the isolator will close and allow the aux battery to be charged. The kit is around 300 bucks, but does not include the batteries. BM24356 is the part number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I wasn't the one that installed the custom components, otherwise I would have spec'd everything out beforehand. I've come across the dual battery kit, but that will just delay the inevitable dying of the auxiliary battery. I'd like to be able to run the custom components as long as there's fuel in the tank, which means I'll have to find a way to upgrade the stator. Maybe it's even possible to add/replace the stator with an alternator. Does anyone have a spec sheet and/or part number for the stator so I can do more research on the part?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run a lot of extra components (radio, lights, winch) so I just changed out my battery to an Optima yellow top and I can now run everything for hours without any issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run a lot of extra components (radio, lights, winch) so I just changed out my battery to an Optima yellow top and I can now run everything for hours without any issues.
Which model yellow top did you purchase, and did it fit exactly where the current battery is located? I may try to replace the battery as a temporary fix while I figure everything else out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately I wasn't the one that installed the custom components, otherwise I would have spec'd everything out beforehand. I've come across the dual battery kit, but that will just delay the inevitable dying of the auxiliary battery. I'd like to be able to run the custom components as long as there's fuel in the tank, which means I'll have to find a way to upgrade the stator. Maybe it's even possible to add/replace the stator with an alternator. Does anyone have a spec sheet and/or part number for the stator so I can do more research on the part?
JD part # MIU13369

Source:http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts