John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please provide your suggestion on trailer tires.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Minimum 10 ply trailer tire. Radial tires work best for heavy loads against heat/friction. Keep in mind that trailer tires and truck tires are two different animals. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I pull many trailers mostly with heavy loads.

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm seeing are mostly 6 and 8 ply for the spec size of 205/75/15. I know 6 ply are mostly worthless once off the pavement. I'm considering increasing the width of the tire, I believe this should improve carrying capacity.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My mistake I automatically thought 16" rim. I would go with the 8 ply radial tire. The ply and load rating of the tire are the determinating factors of load handling. Width only means more surface area on the pavement. Wider would handle better off road and have longer tread life on pavement.

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake I automatically thought 16" rim. I would go with the 8 ply radial tire. The ply and load rating of the tire are the determinating factors of load handling. Width only means more surface area on the pavement. Wider would handle better off road and have longer tread life on pavement.

No worries Granger I should have mentioned the specs on the OP

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Official Site Vendor
74 Posts
We have several D 107 load rated radial trailer tires in 205/75R-15. Here is a link to them:

205/75R-15 Trailer Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Please let us know if we can help.
It looks like I can get a 10 ply in a 225/75R/15---will this tire fit on my spec 15inch rims ? ( 205/75/15 )
A 225/75R-15 tire will fit on a wheel from 6 to 7.5 inches wide. You would want to make sure your wheel can hold a tire with 80 PSI. It may be stamped on the inside of your wheel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Bradhill, I've used a lot of different trailer tires, from cheap to expensive. I've settled almost exclusively on the Maxxis trailer tires at this point in the heaviest ply available for the size I need. One of the best trailer tires available right now in my opinion. Also, always always always run them at max rated inflation, and check the pressures often.

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have several D 107 load rated radial trailer tires in 205/75R-15. Here is a link to them:

205/75R-15 Trailer Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Please let us know if we can help.

DTD
I just ordered 4 Maxxis M8008 225x75x15E tires online.
Even though DTD was a touch higher, I wanted to show you my appreciation for being a vendor and a valued contributor here on Gator Forum.net or also to be named GFN !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Site Vendor
74 Posts
DTD
Even though DTD was a touch higher, I wanted to show you my appreciation for being a vendor and a valued contributor here on Gator Forum.net or also to be named GFN !

That's great to hear, Bradhill; we appreciate your support!

On a side note... we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the tires we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Shoot us a PM with you order confirmation number along with the link to the competitor that has the cheaper pricing and I'll make sure you're taken care of :cool:

Thank you again for choosing Discount Tire!

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DTD

On a side note... we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the tires we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Shoot us a PM with you order confirmation number along with the link to the competitor that has the cheaper pricing and I'll make sure you're taken care of :cool:

PM Sent

I wasn't expecting a refund, but I do appreciate your offer !!!

Best
Brad

·
Official Site Vendor
74 Posts
DTD

PM Sent

I wasn't expecting a refund, but I do appreciate your offer !!!

Best
Brad
Brad, thank you for the PM. Refund coming your way.

We appreciate your support...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts