John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a 2001 Gator TS 4X2, and it will only run with the choke pulled out.
I have cleaned the carburetor a couple of times. I have noticed some pitting on the emulsion tube tower.
I want to replace the carburetor, but can't find anything that matches the number on the carb body.
The engine is FE290D, and the carburetor is Kehin 32672 01 01. I can't find an original part number anywhere on line.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Look up at jdparts.com after entering you model.
Or call your local dealer and they can support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that, they got me a 265.00 carburetor that was to big, then wanted me to pay a restocking fee.
I took photos of the engine numbers, and the gators numbers for them to look it up.
Why should I pay to restock an incorrect part, they ordered.
I guess that's why they call them stealerships.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Agree the restocking fee should have been waved if they looked up part and established the P/N for you.

It might be worth looking at the illustrated parts within the site mentioned above to understand the error. Sometimes searching the JD P/N will find a match or equivalent part.

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
972 Posts
It very possibly could be a Deere only carburetor. The 550/560 use a mostly standard Briggs & Stratton engine except for the crank and carburetor. In all my searches I never found any matching non-Deere supplied carburetors so the dealer was the only place to go for replacements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. I found a different dealership that was much more helpful, and found a different part number. I'm going to try that next.
On another note, I also have a 2010 3 cylinder 825i that I had to splice several wires together, due to an aftermarket driveline boot coming apart in front of the carrier bearing. I also changed the fuel line, it was leaking.
Now it will only run 3-5 seconds at a time.
It has 50psi on the fuel pressure and holds at 40 after the pump shuts down.
If I squirt gas directly into the throttle body it will stay running, even rev-up as long as I am supply fuel.
Maybe picking these old not running machines wasn't the best idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
slight correction to my original post. (didn't see you had a TS4x2) so, Depending on your serial number you may need a different restrictor
Under 100000 use VG11450
Over 100001 use M172944

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I believe they were basing their suggestions on post number 1 where it suggests The Gator was just acquired…. So how do you know the history and that they ran ok for 20 years?

Did you purchase the new carb? It will be interesting to see if it resolved your issue. good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I order the new carb, awaiting delivery.
As far as the thing running good for 20 years, it was my neighbors, and when he started having problems with it he replaced it with a new polaris ranger, and I bought the gator.
I also bought a 2010 825i that would not crank. I had to splice several damaged wires, and replace a leaking fuel line. It now starts but will only run 4 or 5 seconds at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts