John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 4x2 older series gator which I removed the carburetor to clean. A small yellow hose came off with it. The other end of the small diameter yellow hose has a stretched out end to support a larger connection of some sort (See Pic)?? I plugged it at first and the engine would barely run. Out of chance, I unplugged the line and the engine ran fine. This said, I was thinking that maybe this line pulled air off the gas tank or oil compartment for emissions compliance but cannot find a connection. I looked at my gas tank parts list and did not see any vent connections there. Any help would be appreciated.
Hand Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe the hose broke and has just been rubbing up against the belt?? That would explain the enlarged end that I saw. I found this picture online that shows the yellow hose (Tube) routing around the side of the engine. I guess that I need to go look there ??
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No actual knowledge of that engine, but the description of how it acts makes me think float bowl vent hose. Hangs down to keep overflow fuel off top of engine?
Thanks Harry! You are probably correct as I didn't see another end of that hose and it is the right length to be a drip hose. I was just afraid that it was some type of suction hose and I didn't want dirt getting into the carburetor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts