John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to site but wanted to post this. I have a 2010 825i that has had constant shifting problems. Have had it in the shop 4 times. The secod time they replaced the clurch. The last time the Trigreen guy worked with JD engineers for a week and the final answer was that I needed to drive it everyday. Tried several hacks I found and finally was about to get rid of it when I called Venom. They bought Team After Market Division. The lady there referred me to the JD Clutch Doctor. Fast forward - just put my rebuilt clutch with the Venom Performance Rooster Shift Kit-(complete with new spring and weights) on today and it is AWESOME. Shifts great and way quieter. Well worth it.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Glad you had success.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to site but wanted to post this. I have a 2010 825i that has had constant shifting problems. Have had it in the shop 4 times. The secod time they replaced the clurch. The last time the Trigreen guy worked with JD engineers for a week and the final answer was that I needed to drive it everyday. Tried several hacks I found and finally was about to get rid of it when I called Venom. They bought Team After Market Division. The lady there referred me to the JD Clutch Doctor. Fast forward - just put my rebuilt clutch with the Venom Performance Rooster Shift Kit-(complete with new spring and weights) on today and it is AWESOME. Shifts great and way quieter. Well worth it.
WBM,
Thank you for your kind words regarding our service. Unfortunately the canned response from John Deere is often the Customer must drive the Gator more frequently. We have never fully agreed with this statement from Deere. Regrettably John Deere is placing the blame on the Customer for the hard to shift issues, nothing could be further from the truth.
We truly appreciate your business!
Brad and Doc
JD Clutch Doc

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Mr. Brad M.
It might help if you post the year. Not certain if you bought new or used. If new and it doesn’t function correctly, it’s warranty time.

Older gators would freewheel as you describe. They weren’t designed for engine braking. The key is to maintain enough engine RPM to maintain clutch engagement.

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 5 of 5 Posts