John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have successfully saved well over a thousand Gator clutches, maybe two thousand, but except for my own that I removed and replaced more than ten years ago, someone else has always removed and replaced the clutches that I bring back to life.

A friend of mine bought a beautiful and slightly used 825 or 835. It鈥檚 not marked on the outside, so I don鈥檛 know which. The clutch cover looks like my 2011 825i. I remember that I got the clutch cover off of mine without removing the shock or anything. I also remember that it looked impossible at first but I got it off somehow.

Can anyone tell me if I should force it out the bottom or the top?

I remember now how nice it is to do the clutch work itself rather than having to remove and replace it myself. My hats off to all you guys that do the R&R.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Registered
I thought this was an April fools joke when reading the title 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Hope some one helps after all the help you鈥檝e provided over the years. Sorry my knowledge on the 855 isn鈥檛 relevant.

Good luck.

Registered
When you take it apart, a "How to do it" video or even pics would be great... :)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I apologize for not posting results earlier. I have been buried busy.

I wrestled with thecover the morning after starting the thread and forced it out of the way. Once I did, it uncovered a clutch that failed in a way that I had never seen. It was jerky in acceleration and the problem turned out to be sheaves with circular grooves. Somehow the belt was chattering as it moved outward in the sheaves. The fit on it was fine. Will be interesting to see if the clutch I put in, ends up doing the same thing.

Just as I thought I had seen every way a clutch could fail鈥︹. Just proves that you learn something new every day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts