John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem with my 825 is you let off the gas it slows down real fast like the clutch is not working right .it will throw stuff off of seat when you let off gas. It feels like the brakes are on but it’s not.

·
Administrator
3,772 Posts
My problem with my 825 is you let off the gas it slows down real fast like the clutch is not working right .it will throw stuff off of seat when you let off gas. It feels like the brakes are on but it’s not.
Is this a new issue ?

·
Administrator
3,772 Posts
It’s been in the last two weeks.
Have you removed the CVT ( clutch) cover and inspected the belt for damage or damage to the clutch‘s ? If you can post photos it may help troubleshoot the issue for you.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Did you inspect the clutch for broken springs worn parts or any other abnormalities? Did you try moving any of the components (w/o belt in place)? What did it feel like.

Taking the time to provide the data of what your diagnostic procedure will help with guessing.

If not familiar with how the CVT works, suggest reviewing on YouTube. By understanding it’s function it can help with finding root cause.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you inspect the clutch for broken springs worn parts or any other abnormalities? Did you try moving any of the components (w/o belt in place)? What did it feel like.

Taking the time to provide the data of what your diagnostic procedure will help with guessing.

If not familiar with how the CVT works, suggest reviewing on YouTube. By understanding it’s function it can help with finding root cause.
Didn’t find anything broken in the clutches. With the belt off everything seemed to work properly. It all felt tight. When I let off of the accelerator it jerks and bucks as it slows down unless I keep a little pressure on the gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts