John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Specifications for JDG 1641- I'm assume no responsibility for measurement errors.

A 6.5000 in
B 3.6610 in
C 3.5590 in
D .9760 in
E .5760 in

DIA .5590
TPI 18

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my name is jesse and some help would be great please. I'm currently having same issue with a xuv550 cant geat secondary drive pully off. Looks like there is threds for a tool but cant seem to find anything that says secondary pully needs one. Any info would be great.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello my name is jesse and some help would be great please. I'm currently having same issue with a xuv550 cant geat secondary drive pully off. Looks like there is threds for a tool but cant seem to find anything that says secondary pully needs one. Any info would be great.
Normally the hard to shift issues are with the Primary Clutch and not the secondary clutch

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much. Wanted to make sure before I bought the tool.
This tool (JDG1641) can be made at home or your shop,

JDG 1641 Clutch removal tool workaround

One each - 1/2-12tpi x 6.0" long Grade 8 bolt (Course or fine threads... It doesn't matter)

One each - 9/16-18tpi x 4.0” long Grade 8 bolt

Cut the threads and hex head from the 1/2" bolt leaving just the shank of approximately 3.37" long. Make both cuts square to prevent side loads during removal.

Put the 1/2" shank into the hole first. Lube the 9/16-18 threads (I used anti-seize) and crank away.

Please use only Grade 8 bolts for this workaround tool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts