John Deere Gator Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch is on a primary clutch puller for an rsx850i is? The diameter seems to be 3/4". I have a lathe and want to make one to save some money.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Kinzepower, Mbdiagman, dluck and dane

Thank you all for the information. Stepping back to questions on Engine Braking

Where are you all at ? I would like to improve engine braking on the 2013 825i that I'm purchasing. Where do I go?

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stopped by today to pick up a clutch and looks like the guys at Griffin Performance are busy with these 825i clutches. These were getting redone and sent out to customers across the country.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks for the picture Winston! And I thought that MY workbench looked junky.:)

How much do they charge for an 825 clutch? Do they hand fit the wear buttons? Do they get them perfect or is their clutch noisy. If the wear buttons are fit properly, which is a tedious process, it will not refuse to release and it will not be noisy. It is a very fine line to obtain a clutch that is BOTH quiet and will release properly allowing for proper shifting.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kinzepower, Mbdiagman, dluck and dane

Thank you all for the information. Stepping back to questions on Engine Braking

Where are you all at ? I would like to improve engine braking on the 2013 825i that I'm purchasing. Where do I go?

Thanks again!!
I can set up the 825 clutch and hand fit the wear buttons which is not done from the factory. Of the clutches I have done, the one that I know for sure gives good engine braking is the one that is on my personal 825. It is a warranty replacement for the early clutch that failed causing me to redo it.. There are at least three different clutches, so I am not sure exactly which clutch/belt combination is on my personal Gator, but one of the reasons it engine brakes well, is because it engages at about 1250 RPM.

I am buried in work and vacation until October, but at that time I am going to verify the belt that is on it and make a recipe of what is necessary for a setup like mine. Sorry I can't give you any information before then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the picture Winston! And I thought that MY workbench looked junky.:)

How much do they charge for an 825 clutch? Do they hand fit the wear buttons? Do they get them perfect or is their clutch noisy. If the wear buttons are fit properly, which is a tedious process, it will not refuse to release and it will not be noisy. It is a very fine line to obtain a clutch that is BOTH quiet and will release properly allowing for proper shifting.
Yes the sliders are reworked and refitted. The posts are modified. They put their own weights and springs in them depending on what the customer wants. I haven't had a noisy one come from them. They have an adjustable weight kit in development for them... only one set so far has been built but its doing well. They will be end user adjustable for shift out and engagement. The entire family owns 825i's so there are plenty to test on around there. They are always changing and trying new things.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I thought that it was against the forum rules to promote a commercial business without the permission of the forum owner.

Some time ago, I had trouble with my own 825i clutch and in the course of the problem, I tooled up to refurbish and hand fit these clutches the way that the OEM that supplies them to John Deere should set them up in the first place.

In the interest of obeying the forum rules and showing respect for the forum owners, I contacted them to discuss purchasing advertising and being a site sponsor. They were VERY fair and responsive, but I am not at a point yet to do this commercially, so I have that on hold.

Over the course of time I have done clutch work for two members of this forum and charged them nothing. One of them said lots of nice things about my work for which I am very grateful.

NOW, there is someone on this forum, utilizing the forum for commercial promotion. I don't know if they have permission from the proprietor to do so, or if they are just doing it, hoping not to get caught.

With someone else engaging in such blatant commercial promotion being performed as an apparently private forum member, I have decided to withdraw from any clutch activity on this forum for fear of being seen as doing the same kind of commercial promotion under the guise of being a private member. My personal integrity and reputation is much more valuable to me than the few dollars I could make,hand fitting these clutches and solving some of the headaches that many forum members have experienced.

If the time comes where I am in a position to make a full blown commercial activity, I will come back to the forum and pay properly for advertising and sponsorship. The forum is run by good people, providing a great forum for us enthusiasts. For the most part, the forum is frequented by really solid people who simply want to follow the rules and help out fellow Gator owners & enjoy some discussion about their hobby. Not all posters are willing to violate rules and promote their commercial ventures for free.

Until the time I can justify paying for advertising and sponsorship, I will hang out here when I have time and do my best to offer assistance to my fellow Gator owners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well said... he was just helping me out and what we do. We have sold alot of replacement clutches to that dealership. I heard there was a discrepancy about him using my name so I just added this site to our list of sites we are a vendor for. You guys seem to have alot of useful information on here. If only John deere would listen.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Theres a new site now called Gator-Pro that is dedicated to gator performance super excited for this

Rather hi-jack this tread perhaps you should start a new post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Not only is it an advertising link I can't believe people/companies go live with websites that are very not finished. Either delete the pages, put information on the pages or just don't make the site active until you at least spend the effort to finish it to some degree.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Not only is it an advertising link I can't believe people/companies go live with websites that are very not finished. Either delete the pages, put information on the pages or just don't make the site active until you at least spend the effort to finish it to some degree.

So true ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello MB diagman after reading so man post on this clutch issue I figured I reach out to you for some info. Recently purchased an 825I from the local dealer used for the 5 acre ranch, more for the wife to use around & grandkids to use. Don't need it to go 50 mph , don't use it to pull anything heavy just a pleasure use really. But concerns me is it a bit hard to put in gear all the time, reading most post it's a sticking clutch ? Or linkage issues but after pulling the belt cover it appears the clutch is all the way released? But the belt is still getting turned? Any ways it's a 2011 on sticker dealer says it's 2012 but hey it's used but what can I do to help ease the shifting a bit, lower the rpms. Quiet the exhaust any. How much do you charge to re-work a clutch? What is changed when your finished? What kind of a charge is it? I live inWichita Falls north Texas , I need to I guess order a special tool just to take it off ? When your free drop me an email or message ok

Thanks Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Hello MB diagman after reading so man post on this clutch issue I figured I reach out to you for some info. Recently purchased an 825I from the local dealer used for the 5 acre ranch, more for the wife to use around & grandkids to use. Don't need it to go 50 mph , don't use it to pull anything heavy just a pleasure use really. But concerns me is it a bit hard to put in gear all the time, reading most post it's a sticking clutch ? Or linkage issues but after pulling the belt cover it appears the clutch is all the way released? But the belt is still getting turned? Any ways it's a 2011 on sticker dealer says it's 2012 but hey it's used but what can I do to help ease the shifting a bit, lower the rpms. Quiet the exhaust any. How much do you charge to re-work a clutch? What is changed when your finished? What kind of a charge is it? I live inWichita Falls north Texas , I need to I guess order a special tool just to take it off ? When your free drop me an email or message ok

Thanks Mike

Mike I work with MBDiagman. I will send you PM tomorrow
Thanks
Brad

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
61 - 80 of 112 Posts