John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know what the flyweights weigh in grams on the 825i. thinking of adding some weight. thinking adjustable. dont have scale thought maybe someone knows save me a little time. also what type of weight would work. is it a team primary?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe im trying something that wont work. the clutch has a nice shift curve. i was wanting to lower the rpms a little,make it shift alittle faster. i thaought by watching the tac it was cutting out when i got to 6050 rpm. so i thought if i added weight so it didnt hit that rpm so soon i would get higher top end.but reading on here maybe it speed that cuts out?

·
Registered
46 Posts
maybe im trying something that wont work. the clutch has a nice shift curve. i was wanting to lower the rpms a little,make it shift alittle faster. i thaought by watching the tac it was cutting out when i got to 6050 rpm. so i thought if i added weight so it didnt hit that rpm so soon i would get higher top end.but reading on here maybe it speed that cuts out?
Based on what I've read, it does cut out based on speed. I recall somebody disconnecting the speed sensor and getting higher top end - but no factory speedo data.

- Steve from stormy CO but enjoying MT today

·
Registered
249 Posts
does any one know what the flyweights weigh in grams on the 825i. thinking of adding some weight. thinking adjustable. dont have scale thought maybe someone knows save me a little time.
This might be the oldest thread I've ever brought back from the dead, but I like for people to see answers when they search for information.

Stock weights are 89.77 grams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts