John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I don't do reviews but I had to let everyone know my experience. I have a 2011 825I, new clutch at 26 miles paid for by John Deere, bad again at 168 miles. I had no interest in giving John Deere anymore of my money. I sent my primary clutch to the clutchdoc. I have to say it is better than new, neither of the first two clutches were even close to the clutchdoc's work. It shifts effortlessly hot or cold, incline or level. The Venom lower rpm kit is great also. Much smoother taking off and if you thought your open cab with the Deere plastic roof made a lot of noise and rattles before you will really hear them now. It also settles into a low idle quicker, before I would have to tap the gas to get it to drop down. I replaced the belt with a Gates 32G4588, washed before installing, ran two heat cycles on it and I see no difference in performance from stock belt but it is half the price of a JD belt. Last I used EPI for my primary clutch tool, nice finish and worked perfectly, nice people to deal with also. Like I said earlier I purposely didn't use JD parts or labor. I would like to thank clutchdoc and Bradhill for the quick turnaround, all your help, and making my gator usable again. If anything changes I'll let you know but overall I'm very pleased and the wife even gave it a thumbs up. Thanks for viewing. Take care

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks for providing your feedback/experience on the primary.

·
Registered
35 Posts
can you tell me how you contacted him? I have a 850D as well and just had to replace the drive clutch because the outer shive cracked. I would like to see if this is worth rebuilding as the gator doesn’t shift into gear now like it did prior to a new $700 JD clutch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you tell me how you contacted him? I have a 850D as well and just had to replace the drive clutch because the outer shive cracked. I would like to see if this is worth rebuilding as the gator doesn’t shift into gear now like it did prior to a new $700 JD clutch.
Contact Bradhill on here he can help or will give you the clutchdoc's info

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
For information please contact JD Clutch Doc at [email protected]

·
Registered
640 Posts
KsNewss,

I hate that you had to lay out that much money for a new clutch, if it is not shifting smoothly with engine running, we can make it they way it needs to be. Since you had what was probably an unrebuildable core since it had a cracked sheave, then the new clutch was not a total waste of money, it just needs to be set up and hand fit correctly. Please let Brad know if you would like us to o help.

Best of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts